PDA

View Full Version : really need help big c worries

rebeccad
20-02-12, 09:42
Hi i wonder if somebody can help me im 32 years old dont smoke but have had a cough for about 3 weeks maybe just bit longer, it started with a cold but i cant seem to shake this cough, ive been to the docs who said my chest was clear. To make things worse that advert keeps coming on "if youve had a cough for 3 weeks or longer it could be lung cancer" im so upset and in the grips of a massive health anxiety episode. I cant function cant work without it being on my mind and find it difficult to interact with my kids. I have googled and everything points towards that :weep::weep::weep::weep:

Thanks for reading xx

Beyonderz
20-02-12, 09:54
Hey,

Coughing doesn't always mean Lung C. I think you shouldn't pay attention to those things and don't read them. As far as I know when lung cancer starts showing symptoms, it definitely won't be anything like some leftover coughing after a flu. It sure will have more severe symptoms, more than one. I remember having a kick azz cold once, and ended up coughing for 4 weeks :)

Trust your doctor, big problems in lungs can be detected quite easily. There is no mistake in it.
Try adding 1 tea spoon honey and 1/2 tea spoon ginger in your tea and drink it. It will make you feel more comfortable (well you can just mix honey and ginger alone and eat it, but yeah, ginger tastes horrible xD).

Feel well soon.

miss sparkle
20-02-12, 11:15
i am on expert by any means, but think coughing up blood is one of the signs of lung cancer.
hope you feel better soon xxx

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

*no not on!