PDA

View Full Version : painless swollen lymph node in armpit for months...breast cancer ruled out

geishagirl
20-02-12, 14:46
Hi Guys,

I have had a swollen lymph node in my armpit for months now. It has not shrunk but equally has not got any bigger. It is painless and hard and cannot be seen but can be felt.
I had a terrible time worrying as I got referred to a breast cancer surgeon because I also had a lump in my right breast. I went private and the breast consultant said it was a fatty bit of tissue in my breast and definatley not a lymph node in my armpit but a cyst. Anyway a day later I had an ultrasound and the consultant said it was all clear and that there was nothing suspicious as it was fatty tissue and the armpit was lymph nodes. He gave me the all clear for breast cancer which was fantastic obviously.

However he didn’t say why my lymph node was enlarged and discharged me free of breast cancer but didn’t seem bothered about lymph node. I am now panicking because GP is taking bloods and I am concerned it could be Lymphoma.

I have had the nodes for months. The only cause I can think of is I sometimes use my hubbys well used razors when I shave and ages ago I did nick the skin but the armpit is no longer painful but has this lump and thickening L Seeing GP on Wednesday to have blood taken and to discuss.

MidnightCalm
20-02-12, 16:12
I've got lots of swollen non painful lymph nodes, I have at least 2 or 3 in each armpit :/ I had bloods and they said they were fine. Arghhh :/ Stress.

geishagirl
20-02-12, 16:58
it is soooo annoying!! Mine is a cm wide and 2 cm long...cannot be seen when i lft arms i have to feel over it to find it.