PDA

View Full Version : Getting Better

Stormsky
20-02-12, 20:12
this is quoted on the Symptons section:

. They also begin checking (often referred to as 'testing') their mental thoughts to see if there is a hint of physical or mental illness somewhere. As a person begins to get better, this process seems more entrenched and becomes more apparent. Also, they may find them self doing this at every leisure moment, then getting into a mental battle with them self to try and stop doing it. It may also seem that their mind is always 'going', and they can't seem to stop from thinking, analyzing and problem solving about getting better.

Im a bit confused, so should probably ask Nicola really... but anyway, does this mean as we start to feel better, we will be looking more for the reasons we suffered in the first place? or does it mean when we are better we will be checking to see if we still have symptons left of anxiety still? as in scared to let the anx go as we had it for soooooo long?

then the final line, is that analyzing everything once we are better?,and how we managed to get better? or is it analyzing when we are still suffering ,about still trying to get better?

and here i am analyzing all this !!!! and probably confusing everyone! nightmare!!!

GT
20-02-12, 20:17
Well alot of people when they start getting better suddenly remember and start thinking to see if they still have the worries and thoughts. Also when you start to recover your brain doesn't give up without a fight. It can bring the worries on more and more as it thinks you need to remember as you paniced so much before.

Stormsky
21-02-12, 14:37
Thanks GT... of late ive started letting everything go, as in managed to let all silly thoughts go, symptons etc... finding it easy to dismiss thoughts i dont want...so may be im getting better! Id just got sick and tired of all the thoughts, and decided id had enough of them, so started to ignore and dismiss them,,
I used to have good days like we all do, but knew even on good days that i wasnt actually better yet., cos sure enough id then have a bad day the next day..... but now i feel different all together...which im hoping is good.
But worried i'll go from being bothered that im bothered by thoughts, to bothered that they no longer bother me!..and how i managed to do it!!! and why i didnt do it ages ago!