PDA

View Full Version : Please help /:

Veti A
20-02-12, 20:28
My anxiety/pannic attacks have gotten a little worse since the new year and i have been in and out of the hospital. I have trouble leaving my house because along with the anxiety and pannic attacks i have agoraphobia but surprisingly i have went for a ride or two in the car to try and face my fear but that didn't help at all. I have a appointment to see a therapist to get help with all this but the problem is that im already dwelling on that day to come because i get so scared to leave my house and thats when the pannic starts to kick in. Im even more scared because the therapist i have to see is in another city and its bad enough i have trouble even going down the street so at this point i feel stuck between four walls. I have no idea what to do, i hope you guys reading understand a little of my situation. Can anyone please help and give me some advice on what to do? i would appreciate it so much :)

flossie
20-02-12, 21:01
I totally understand. Would the therapist do a home visit?

Veti A
20-02-12, 21:05
no they wont, i have to go to them ):

flossie
20-02-12, 21:09
At the moment what is the plan for getting there?

Veti A
20-02-12, 21:30
i really dont have a plan. i thought to myself if i go then im just going to get in the car and go but my negative thoughts are getting to me and these on and off panic attacks that come and go make me feel like when the day comes im going to chicken out. But i really need the help so i should really try to make it a goal to go.

keta
20-02-12, 21:33
is there no other therapist near by in your city ? sorry if that's a dumb question

Veti A
20-02-12, 21:43
@keta there is but they dont except my insurance so i cant see anyone here in my city.

keta
20-02-12, 21:52
ah ok, well maybe you should create a little plan in your head so you will feel more relaxed about the whole journey, my life revolves around that there is always a toilet on the way wherever i'm going so if i know i can stop somewhere i will feel more chilled, not sure if that's good example

Veti A
20-02-12, 21:56
That makes perfect sence keta (: i will make a plan and stick to it and try so see things in a more positive perspective. its that its so easy to say but so hard to stick too but i will try my best. thanks again for the advice (:

flossie
20-02-12, 22:37
You can make a safe place wherever you wish and you know that you will be OK in the car and with the therapist.

Veti A
21-02-12, 16:58
My worst fear is that I'm going to have a very bad pannic attack on my way ther...