PDA

View Full Version : nodes above elbow

Rachel W
21-02-12, 04:27
Hi,

Since reading about the lymph nodes above the elbow being a sign of disease (and diseases I fear) I started palpating the area and did not notice anything, but over time the odd twinge made me palpate again. The problem is that diagrams vary on where they are exactly and I now have notices a small hardish, movable rod-shaped bump in the muscle about 3 or so cm above the inside bump of the elbow. Some things I have read have said that they are palpable in the crease between the biceps and triceps, so I assume that this means that they are in the big dent to the side of the biceps and if this is so then I don't have any bumps there, but other diagrams and descriptions say about 3sm above the elbow joint inside bump. I think I have other similar bumps on the surface of muscles so wonder whether it is perhaps just muscles and not a node. The scary thing is you are not supposed to be able to feel them at all so if this is my node then I am really scared.

Thanks

Rachel W
21-02-12, 18:48
does nobody know where this node is? Please help.

Rachel W
22-02-12, 17:09
if no one knows what it is, could you at tell me if a swollen node, even 0.5cm would be round and not like what I feel (1mm wide and about 5mm long - like a little hard rod on the muscle, but quite distinct?).

Rachel W
25-02-12, 15:41
Could someone who knows about lymph nodes please respond. Can poking nodes anywhere make them bigger and more noticeable? the problem is I can't stop checking and it seems to have become bigger since then. The issue is last year there were no lumps and there probably would have been if they had been swollen due to disease. I have periodically poked over an 18 month year and finally are noticeable.

kellylou89
25-02-12, 17:38
Could someone who knows about lymph nodes please respond. Can poking nodes anywhere make them bigger and more noticeable? the problem is I can't stop checking and it seems to have become bigger since then. The issue is last year there were no lumps and there probably would have been if they had been swollen due to disease. I have periodically poked over an 18 month year and finally are noticeable.

This is one of the most common set of's of my HA i have .. i have had a enlarged lymph node in my neck for years! its never got bigger and it gets smaller sometimes if im ill it will raise again or if im stressing over it and poke and prod it! i had a time a few months back i obsessed over it even tho it has never been larger than it usually gets and always goes down .. i kept on prodding it then looking for others etc.
I learnt that by messing with it you are aggravating it so it raises the more u prod the longer it stays enlarged! .. i always get one come up behined me ear also everynow and then when i get a cold and ear ache!

You have lymph nodes all over and the slightest thing can enlarge them even a small scratch .. take a look at some of the other posts on lymph-nodes you will see how many of us have this

Rachel W
25-02-12, 18:38
my concern is that the elbow node isn't supposed to be palpable at all and I thought it had been a while since I had prodded there. However I read someone who said they had a swollen gland which a doctor replied to and it was just above the crease of the elbow in the inside and I have read where they palpate 2cm above the medial epicondyle and also in the dent between the bicep and tricep and my bump is at the inside, more than 2cm above the bone so maybe it isn't even a node. It is elongated, not round, but seems wider since poking. It almost feels like a transponder if anyone knows what one of those is.