PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling in face

schind21
21-02-12, 06:27
Hey, for the past few hours I've been having a strange sensation on the right side of my face. It starts near the top of my eye, just below the brow, and goes down to the top right side of my lips. It feels a bit like a soft pressure or like my face might be drooping, though it is not drooping. I'm rather worried about it. Any ideas?

xfilme
21-02-12, 21:40
Hello
There is a network of nerves in your face. The Trigeminal nerve, just above where your ear joins your head, has five main branches across each side of your face, all beginning at this point above your ear. One runs across your brow, one runs to the side of your nose, one runs to your upper lip, one runs along your jaw line to your chin and one runs under your chin. If the Trigeminal nerve is irritated, it becomes overactivated, causing sensations such as creeping, tingling and numbness on your face. It commonly happens to people who lean with their face against their hand, or happen to put pressure on the nerve above your ear by wearing glasses that are too tight or alicebands etc. I have had this myself. If it sounds similar and you wish to talk to me about it, by all means PM me x