PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Scotland.

agmcg81
21-02-12, 11:41
Hello, I've just joined your group as I'm looking for some help. I started suffering panic attacks/anxiety only 5 months ago, I am now on beta blockers to try and combat these. I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend any tablets I could take along with beta blockers to help me sleep? Night time is probably the worst part of my day, every time I'm just about to fall asleep my body starts to jolt like one of those dreams when you are falling, this can go on for hours. And then there are the dreams! does anyone else get nightmares while taking beta blockers? Thanks for your help. Alan.

nomorepanic
21-02-12, 11:43
Hi agmcg81

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
21-02-12, 11:54
Hi Alan, great to have you with us! Youre not alone, this site is a godsend.
You should ask your doctor/chemist about taking other meds to help you sleep along with your beta blockers.
Body zapps/jolts is a common thing, use the "search" facility to locate threads about it. Glad to know you.
Paula x

agmcg81
21-02-12, 12:03
Hi Alan, great to have you with us! Youre not alone, this site is a godsend.
You should ask your doctor/chemist about taking other meds to help you sleep along with your beta blockers.
Body zapps/jolts is a common thing, use the "search" facility to locate threads about it. Glad to know you.
Paula x

Thanks for the reply. These jolts at night can be really scary! Along with constantly trying to stop thinking about the anxiety during the day can really make you tired, it's getting to be a complete nightmare.

paula lynne
21-02-12, 12:13
Yes, they are scary, and actually inconvenient, especially when your get so tired you feel like your going crazy. Try changing you bedtime routine..bath, book, music, even sleeping on the other side of the bed. Sleeping semi-prone helps, prop yourself up with a few cushions. I used to do this, as sleep comes, you get a few jolts, but as they become further apart, you can start to get lower. The trick here is your mind.....tell yourself they wont actually hurt you, and as soon as you REALLY believe that, they will lessen. Anxiety FEEDS on fear......stop being scared of them, and your anxiety will lessen because you arent paying it enough attention. And as I said, see your GP about help regarding tablets. x

pinkdove
21-02-12, 12:15
:welcome: alan, just to say that when i took beta blockers i suffered with insomnia, but when they settled in i was fine.

you could have a word with your gp or pharmacy they will advise you, nice to have you aboard xx

Pipkin
21-02-12, 13:06
Hi Alan and :welcome:

Pip x

agmcg81
21-02-12, 13:32
Cheers folks:)