PDA

View Full Version : Just started Citalopram

mummyruth
21-02-12, 11:52
Hi everyone.

Just started 20mg of Citalopram yesterday. Have to say, pretty severe side effects but I prepared myself for them so I'm going to stick it out. I had a very bad nights sleep last night so just wondered if anyone has had any experience taking Zopiclone with Citalopram?
Also, my main reason for being prescribed Citalopram is because of anxiety and panic, not depression. Would I be better on a beta blocker drug for these symptoms or maybe both? My gp didn't seem to be fully listening to what I was saying so not sure if I'm on the right treatment.

Thanks in advance for your help x

nicola1980
21-02-12, 12:02
Hi 20mg is a high dose to start off on so if the side effects are quite severe for you id recommend lowering to 10mg for a week or so, i took zopiclone with citalopram so that should be ok but if you feel your gp wasn't listening to you properly then go back and see another one, gp's are so quick to dish out meds etc and not inform us of side effects etc, citalopram is a very commonly prescribed AD for anxiety and panic, good luck xx

mummyruth
21-02-12, 12:09
Thanks for your reply Nicola.

I did think when my GP prescribed the dose that it was quite high?! Especially as I'm only 5ft1 and weigh under 7st, not sure if that would make a difference to the side effects.
I have another appointment to see my GP next week so may just try and stick it out until then. Depression isn't really my issue, it's constant anxiety so not sure anti depressants will work for me. But, guess the doctors know more than me.....hopefully x

pinkdove
21-02-12, 12:20
Hi yes it can be a hard couple of weeks getting on cit, they did work for me for anxiety for a while, but i started on 10mg for the first 2 weeks then went up to 20mg. hope you feel better soon xx