PDA

View Full Version : Does Citalopram make you itch? Advice please.

JoJo229
21-02-12, 14:23
Hi,

I've been taking Citalopram since July last year (at 10mg until Nov then 20mg - recent) I'm coming back down to 10mg and slowly coming off Citalopram as I cannot stand the itchiness.

First of all it started with an itchy scalp around Oct time last year. The Dr prescribed me Betnovate, a steroid which didnt shift it. Then a pharmacist suggested I had a fungal infection, so my Doc tried me on Ketoconozole shampoo..which eased the itching temporarily.

My body has recently became SO itchy..random outbursts of itching and areas of rash..similar to that of a heat rash.

Has anybody experienced similar whilst taking Citalopram?

I have no history of skin/scalp conditions.

Thanks,

Advice much appreciated.

JoJo

xx

pinkdove
21-02-12, 14:37
hi jojo i never had that , but a friend of mine did, and that's the reason she stopped them, could be some kind of reaction, if you are reducing, it will hopefully go when you stop the cit xx

JoJo229
21-02-12, 14:57
Thanks pinkdove, you're right :)

Somehow, halfing the battle with anything is knowing someone has experienced similar.

Im desperate to dye my hair but can't as my head is so itchy.

Does nothing for my stress levels..

x

willigetwiser
21-02-12, 15:53
Have same side effect which happens within an hour of taking dose. This along with sleepiness is why I take med late at night. Spoke to Doc, benefit vs side effect. I need to go to gym to cope with all side effects but worth it as benefits out weigh downside.

Good luck