PDA

View Full Version : why wont they tell me :(

LizeeeH
21-02-12, 15:21
Phoned for my mammogram results and they wont tell me on the phone said their not allowed, just said letters in the post!!!! Im freaking here!!! anyone else had this???? I understand about data protection and if they give results and then you get a letter telling you different BUT 3 years ago they DID tell me on the phone........HELP!!!!!!:weep:

countrygirl
21-02-12, 15:26
REd tape has got worse and worse so things are very different 3 yrs down the line.

When did you have your mammo?? If there is anything iffy they tend to get back in touch with you very quickly???

The waiting is horrible and everyone ha or not worries but if they have said the letter is on its way to you then hopefully you will receive it in the nxt couple of days - if not ring them back!

jarmummy123
21-02-12, 15:33
I think its because you could be anyone ringing up, they don't know who you are if that makes sense.
When my mum was in hospital in intensive care, I would ring up to see how she was but they would only say 'shes had a good night' nothing more due to confidentialty.

LizeeeH
21-02-12, 15:43
I first went 3 weeks ago but had to go last tuesday because just one xray was blurred. All they would say was " see you in 3 years" not very helpful when Im feeling like this!!!!!

kirstynic
21-02-12, 15:47
That's a good thing that they said that, they wouldn't say that if it looked something looke suspicious. They won't tell you results over the phone I had a smear done private and emailed and rang loads to try to get them to tell me the result but they wouldn't. It was all normal when the letter came through xx