PDA

View Full Version : why is this a fear?

Em.ma
21-02-12, 16:47
Hello,
I am scared about my teeth again
In the mornign I brush quicly and rush them as im always in a rush lol. at night i brush properly but i am scared i am over brushing as my top gum hurts when brushing on one side and one gum has a black stain on.
I am also scared that i dont brush enough in the mornings and it will cause decay :@

PanicOver!!
21-02-12, 16:51
Hi

I'm sure your dentist would tell you if you weren't brushing enough and a black mark on a gum is not uncommon and is harmless.

As to why do you worry about such things. Well we all do and it is natural it just we must try not to get fixated on it. ( easier said than done )

Marc

mikewales
21-02-12, 18:00
Are you still taking the Citalopram ? this should start to settle your mind once it takes full effect

Em.ma
21-02-12, 19:33
Yep still plodding on with it Mike! :)
Thanks for the replies.
I'm trying despeartly to find work at the moment all the time. But i cant see to. Think I may have to volunteer somewere just for some expierence and to make it easier to get hired!

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

im also scared that i over brush as one part of gum hurts when i brush and bleeds.
i do brush hard sometimes and for a long time at night (4-5 mins)
tommorow im buying a soft brush as ive been using a medium one.
im so scared of the pain from tooth problems.

lizzie29
21-02-12, 19:55
If you think you don't brush enough in the mornings, then brush for longer.

But then you say you overbrush... I presume you mean at night? If you gum hurts, brush it gently so as not to aggrevate it.

Emma, I've posted twice to you now about when you write something, to also write a logical reason for it. But you're not doing it, can I ask why? I've had CBT and it's all about challenging thoughts and replacing them with other ones.

Recovering from anxiety takes a HUGE amount of work by yourself. No, it's not easy, but it's what you have to do to take steps to getting better.

swgrl09
21-02-12, 19:57
you definitely can overbrush, that's why my teeth are sensitive now. The timer on my electric toothbrush keeps it going 2 mins, I think that is the longest you are supposed to do. Try listerine, that helps me with gum bleeding.

Em.ma
21-02-12, 20:30
Thank you people :)

Just went on facebook and some girl from college said

Really want a cropped pixie hair cuttttttttt

then her bf replied no etc it would look horrible
and then she asked why and he said "because your look like beanz and she looks horrible with shorter hair" :@! everyone at school since year 8 has called me "beanz" for some reason. I dont even have him on facebook but i can see his ruddy comments.

I guess people have stopped calling me ugly (and i thought things were getting better)
but now they just hide it from it

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

sorry just wanted to rant somewere!
anyway Lizzie thanks for your comments- I havnt felt anxious in about a week now just had a little blip their for a while :\ :)
I have rationlaised it in my head now though x

lizzie29
21-02-12, 20:53
Sometimes writing it down makes it stronger in your mind though. And that's what CBT will get you to do, if you eventually manage to get some. No harm in trying it now anyway and getting into the habit.

If the guy on facebook is saying you look horrible and that his gf looks like you, then he's saying she looks horrible too! Sounds like an idiot, I know it's hurtful but try to ignore him. As long as you like your hair then that's all that matters.

Em.ma
21-02-12, 20:56
Thanks.
Proberly because i was using a medium brush and not a soft and my teeth like soft so thats why one gum hurts :) just need to change tooth brush

Oh he was saying that if she gets her haircut short she'll look ugly like me.
sad thing is after 7 years of being called ugly i really beleive i am. all i see is ugly ugly ugly when i look at my self.
his in my politics class and only 5 of us in their lol.

lizzie29
21-02-12, 21:01
Have you tried to get counselling for self-esteem?

Em.ma
21-02-12, 21:04
No I havn't I have had counessling before and the topic came up but not in great depth.
The problem I have is it was never one person it was almost everyone in the year group that called me it all through school.

lizzie29
21-02-12, 21:07
It doesn't mean it's true though. People often pick on people because they're jealous and if some of them saw others doing it, then they might've just jumped on the bandwagon to look cool. One day hopefully their comments will seem insignificant and you'll be able to like yourself :-) There's far more to life than looks anyway, and how you are inside is more important. Try not to waste your time thinking about such shallow people.