PDA

View Full Version : this is the cure answer.

Denis
21-06-06, 15:08
Chucklehound, if you have read Dr. Weekes books and are not cured, I am very surprised, The fact is you are terrified of 'nothing more than a physical feeling' simple as that. The trick is to Face the feeling of fear```facing the feeling make it as bad as you can, you will be surprised to find a 'hot feeling in your stomach, a burning feeling up your spine, pins & needles in your hands, a throbbing feeling in your temples, could have held such terror for you.

Don't take this the wrong way, but remember this, Weekes suffered a complete breakdown, then went on to find the cure..was made an MBE by your queen.

The trick I used was, when reading her way out of panic was, to remember, that I am not a genius like her. I was not nominated for a 'Nobel prise Medicne' twice. I was not a 'scientist before I became a Doctor' I was not made an MBE? If I was so smart how come I fell into the panic trap? So I layed on her genius. I kept telling myself that, on my way to cure, it took time. Why do doctors in psych clinics all around the globe, give out her books? translated into eight languages?

It is no more than emotional and mental exhaustion.

As you face the feeling, you loose your fear of fear.

Go for it!!

Denis

Hi Folks, I suffered severe panic attacks for 14 yrs. I got cured last year. After suffering for so long I thought it was impossible for me to recover. Now I am cured and will never go back to that life of terror. I came across a book called 'self help for your nerves' at my libaray, I read it about 20 times and I practised the small step that was suggested. I strongly advise anyone wanting to be cured to get this book by Dr. Claire Weekes, she was nominated for the nobel prise medicne in 1983 & 1990 for her work in showing people the cure. She was a scientist before she became a doctor and a previous sufferer herself. www.drclaireweekes.co.uk read her story, you need to gain faith in the person showing you the way, you will be cured I assure you. Good luck and enjoy your new life.

Dr Claire Weekes, MBE, MB, DSc, FRACP, has probably done more than anybody else to show people suffering from nervous illness how to help themselves and recover. She is renowned internationally for her special understanding and treatment of nervous illness (eg the anxiety state in all its forms). Her books, audio tapes, and video, are recommended by doctors and used in treatment centres all over the world. This remarkable woman, who pioneered self help in psychiatry, was nominated for the Nobel prize for medicine in 1983, and again in 1990. She was years ahead of her time and her work is as relevant now as it has always been.

Dr Weekes originally studied science and was the first woman to obtain a Doctor of Science degree at the University of Sydney. She worked in research for a number of years before going into medicine eventually being elected a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians. Being both a scientist and a physician, Dr Weekes knows that mind and body work together. She believes that nervous illness can begin very simply, developing from stress and nervous fatigue to produce a pattern of symptoms which can become more frightening to the sufferer than the original cause of their illness or breakdown. So afraid of “the state they are in” patients become trapped in a cycle of nervous suffering. Dr Weekes' methods show people how they can break out of this cycle. She teaches them how to reverse the pattern of its development by learning to think and behave differently. That way they can find their own inner strength by developing the right inner voice, which brings about permanent cure.
When she was cramming for her medicine finals Dr Weekes became nervously exhausted herself. Being a scientist first, she could figure out in scientific terms what was happening to her own biochemistry and work out what to do to put herself back together again by changing her attitude towards the situation she was in, seeing things from a different point of view and altering her mood. She foun

trac67
21-06-06, 15:15
Sorry but I have to ask, are you on commision from Claire Weekes, not everyone can be 'cured' by reading a book, there is no 'cure' if there was none of us would suffer, it is all about controlling the feelings of anxiety and panic. I am sure Chuck will be along to give her point of view soon.

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

emmy
21-06-06, 15:17
am with tracey on this one i have read books and my friends have read claire weekes and they said it help a bit but didnt cure them you have to do it your self and is a big fear to do it takes people longer than others to recover......

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

chucklehound
21-06-06, 15:32
Hi Den, I am sorry but a book cant cure anyone, it has to come from the individual.
And what works for one person wont necessarily work for all...

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

chucklehound
21-06-06, 15:34
'scuse me Denis, can your change the name of the post please???
I dont think that is fair just because I disagreed.

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

chucklehound
21-06-06, 15:38
Here here Tracey and Emmy, books are nothing but words. Don't you think I have tried???
Take my name off there before I get a mod to remove it for you.

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

chucklehound
21-06-06, 16:02
'The trick is to Face the feeling of fear```facing the feeling make it as bad as you can,'
tried that didn't like the feeling so I gave up after months of trying to ignore the feelings.

'If I was so smart how come I fell into the panic trap?'
It's nothing to do with being smart, your say Dr Weekes was smart but she suffered it too remember!!!

I am not saying the book doesn't help but it doesn't cure, it's just words of someone who has been through it. People on this site have been through it but by reading the posts we wont be cured, it will only help us!

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Piglet
21-06-06, 16:19
Chuck - I have removed your name now.

Piglet x

chucklehound
21-06-06, 16:32
Thanks Pig!:D

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

eeyorelover
22-06-06, 00:41
I hope no one minds but I am going to lock this topic since there are two of basically the same one showing :)

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself. "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."

- Elenor Roosevelt