PDA

View Full Version : Gall Bladder Issues

lrforge
22-02-12, 01:26
has anyone here dealt with gall bladder issues? What symptoms did you have? What did you do about it?

nomorepanic
22-02-12, 01:39
Do you have gall bladder issues - has this been diagnosed?

Beyonderz
22-02-12, 10:14
Hey there, of course I'm not going to write any symptoms here - since I find it very wrong in our case - I can say gall bladder problems are not life threatening issues.

You can ask your doctor for more info if you are diagnosed with it already. He should know better and will guide you.

oneofus
22-02-12, 11:35
Hey there, of course I'm not going to write any symptoms here - since I find it very wrong in our case - I can say gall bladder problems are not life threatening issues.

You can ask your doctor for more info if you are diagnosed with it already. He should know better and will guide you.

Must disagree here, since I've had my gall bladder removed. The vast majority of such issues are non life threatening, but gall stone attacks can be very debilitating. You should see your GP asap if you have any concerns. NHSDirect in the UK can also offer excellent advice, they were a godsend for me.

Gall bladder problems are usually caused by gall stones, which are small hard deposits that form in the gall bladder and cause inflammation as the gall bladder compresses to move bile around the gut after meal. Food high in fat should be avoided, I've had friends who would suffer an attack if they so much as looked at a cream cake.

one of us

Rach29
22-02-12, 12:43
i have gall bladder problems its very painful it runs in my family my doctor give me stomach tablets to help and told me to watch what i eat and drink which i do but not easy i know its nothing to worry about

Beyonderz
22-02-12, 13:31
Must disagree here, since I've had my gall bladder removed. The vast majority of such issues are non life threatening, but gall stone attacks can be very debilitating. You should see your GP asap if you have any concerns.
Yes I actually meant the same. Other than gallstone/infection pains pester a lot, none of the gallbladder problems are life threatening (infections show themselves easily and cause more severe symptoms unlike gallstones, which one can never miss).

I already recommended Irforge to discuss it with his/her doctor.

lrforge
22-02-12, 16:10
I have not been diagnosed whoever I do a dull feeling under my right rib cage that follows thru to the back - had it since my son was born 4 years ago. I was at the chiropractor yesterday and he suggested doing a liver / gall bladder cleanse as he did some pressure points areas and those areas point to those issues....the feeling comes and goes...

Rach29
22-02-12, 16:15
yeah thats exactly were i get my pains rib cage round to my back its so painful sometimes

Sammy J
22-02-12, 17:22
I'm seeing my GP on Friday as my (new) symptoms are pain in upper back and on shoulder tips, along with constant burping. I saw out of hours GP on Sunday night as I was in that much pain and he just gave me Ranitidene as I already have GERD (reflux).

Have been having attacks of this pain ever since and weirdly enough my dad had his gall bladder removed yesterday.

oneofus
22-02-12, 17:37
That sounds atypical for gall stones. I suspect the pain is better if you're stood than sitting or lying.

Check with NHSDirect or your doctor if you can take Neurofen (or the generic Ibuprofen) for your gallstones, but at twice the normal dosage. The nurse I spoke to gave me exactly that information and it had me back up on my feet almost normal with an hour or two. Most amazing drug effect I've ever known. But check with NHSDirect or your doctor first.

one of us

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

Before I forget that was one double dose, you don't need to repeat it.

lrforge
22-02-12, 23:38
Wow guys, thanks for all the responses! It doesn't ever really hurt but it is just a dull ache and the back hurts more so, but almost like a really tight muscle!

crystal17
23-02-12, 00:12
Hi, have you recently had any blood tests? If not ask for some - in some cases raised liver enzymes can point to gallbladder issues. Describe the ache to your GP and they may want to send you for a scan, depending on what they think and your blood results. I know someone who has recently been diagnosed with gallstones and she will have her gall bladder removed soon, so it can be dealt with. Good luck!

happycarrot
23-02-12, 00:46
Your symptoms don't sound like my experience with gallstones. Trust me, there was no way I wouldn't have known about them--they were VERY painful! I would ask your doctor about any sort of pain that doesn't go away, but it doesn't sound like my gallstone symptoms at all.