PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms won't go :-(

turnthelighton
22-02-12, 07:11
It's really getting me down. Daily headaches, strange sensation in face, sometimes foot and now left thigh! Been back on old meds for a week now. So worried. Docs say anxiety and stress but I am finding this hard to believe, worried about, strokes, brain tumour etc. sorry to moan

flossie
22-02-12, 07:34
Anxiety can bring on the weirdest symptoms, tightens our muscles which causes genuine pain and discomfort.
We then focus on them so much it intensifies them which makes us worry more - which makes the symptoms worse - which makes us worry more and on it goes. It's a viscious circle we get ourselves into.
You need to find what works for you to interupt your these thought patterns. Yoga is a popular activity to calm the nervous system. Swimming, jogging, calming music, drawing.
I walk the tension out of my body, I can't do running any more and then use relaxation techniques to calm and relax my tense muscles and mind.
Keep trying different things until you find sometning that helps you.

Jamesk
22-02-12, 08:36
It's really getting me down. Daily headaches, strange sensation in face, sometimes foot and now left thigh! Been back on old meds for a week now. So worried. Docs say anxiety and stress but I am finding this hard to believe, worried about, strokes, brain tumour etc. sorry to moan

Sounds so so like me, which reassures me a bit because the chances of us both having some frightful illness is considerably less than the chances of us both sufferring anxiety symptoms so that's good news isn't it? :shrug:

turnthelighton
22-02-12, 08:54
Thanks for your replies. I have joined a gym and signed up for Yoga etc, thanks for advice Flossie. JamesK, lets go with good news. Its hard to describe the strange sensation its not like pins & needles but feeling you get before you get p & n. The headache can be a dull ache on top of head or a sharp pain on the left hand side of head. It seems to be there when I wake up and when I go to bed :-(

Right, so I need to get my butt down to the gym tonight :yesyes:

Jamesk
22-02-12, 09:21
Thanks for your replies. I have joined a gym and signed up for Yoga etc, thanks for advice Flossie. JamesK, lets go with good news. Its hard to describe the strange sensation its not like pins & needles but feeling you get before you get p & n. The headache can be a dull ache on top of head or a sharp pain on the left hand side of head. It seems to be there when I wake up and when I go to bed :-(

Right, so I need to get my butt down to the gym tonight :yesyes:

That is spooky are you sure you are not me? I just rang the gym about an hour ago before I read your reply to book a series of 6 retuners appointments to get me going again!:yahoo:

turnthelighton
22-02-12, 10:21
LOL....maybe we are twins :ohmy: