PDA

View Full Version : New and saying hello

scatty_cat
21-06-06, 16:22
Hi

I found this forum yesterday and it's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I'm 38, married with 2 boys aged 13 and 11. My youngest son has ADD and Dyspraxia so he can be quite hard work at times. I have Crohn's Disease and am suffering from depression.

I've always been anxious but recently I just feel constantly nervous and anxious. I ended up calling an ambulance a few weeks ago as I was convinced I was having a heart attack. It was obviously a panic attack but it was really scary at the time.

I'm sick of feeling like this - it's taking control of my life and having an effect on my family. I hate my oldest son going out and if he's even a couple of minutes late, the panic builds up.

I need to get my life back and it would great to talk to others who suffer and get some tips on coping.

giddy
21-06-06, 16:33
Hello and welcome to the forum
Love Helen

chucklehound
21-06-06, 16:39
Hi Cat and welcome to the forum.

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

Daisybun
21-06-06, 16:56
Hi Cat and welcome to the forum. You are not alone, there are lots of us who feel exactly the same. I read a book by Claire Weeks called Self help for Your nerves, that helped, also look at the info under panic on the site, there are natural remedies you can take too which help, relaxation is a good one too. You'll find lots of help and support here.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Karen
21-06-06, 17:02
Hi Scatty Cat

Welcome to the forum.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Health Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=healthanxiety)

Links post: Links to posts about Common Problems (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

ruthb1
21-06-06, 17:33
hi scatty,

you have come to the right place

please come into chat there is always someone there to talk to and we all understand what you are going through

take care

ruthb1 x x

Two heads
21-06-06, 17:40
Hi cat!
Welcome theres loads of great people on this site so you will get loads of surport!xxx

emmy
21-06-06, 18:19
hello and welcome

glade you have found this site

hope you find all the help and support you need it a great site and people are lovely too

emily xx

if it looks like it works and feels like it works then it works!!!

manmoor
21-06-06, 18:57
Hi Cat,

Welcome. Hope this site brings you as much joy as it has me.

Mandy

xx

trac67
21-06-06, 20:15
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

hayles
22-06-06, 09:10
Hi and welcome.
I reccommend claire weekes too x

Hay x

ollie35
22-06-06, 18:43
Hi there welcome to the site, you will find some good friends on here.

Take care

Paul

www.anxietynomore.co.uk

jill
22-06-06, 18:51
Hi :D

WELCOME TO THE SITE

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

emma chant
22-06-06, 19:28
HI im echant only 15.Welcome to the forum you will be verywelcome here.I get really out of breath and tight chested sometimes ,because i suffer from anxiety.My advice is when you feel tight chested you breathe in 10 times,and relax.
take care e chant:)

e chant

jackie
22-06-06, 20:13
hope we can give you the support you need

jackie

nomorepanic
24-06-06, 15:36
Hi there

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

Paddington
26-06-06, 12:53
hello scat!I am sorry you are ill with crohns,that is very nasty,And the anxiety wont help ,but here you hae found a real life line,so many people feeling the same and willing to help each other ,it has saved my sanity!So welcome!love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore