PDA

View Full Version : Wind or gas predominant ibs?

kirstynic
22-02-12, 07:32
Is this normal does anyone else gets this.

I have normal stools once a day most days and no constipation. What I do have is a windy tummy everyday, the wind really smells and I mean it could put you to sleep smells. I get it most days and get trapped wind pain with it easing sometimes after I pass wind. I sometimes take a parecetomol fizzy drink that eases it.

From what I knew about ibs is that it affects your stools? So does this sound like ibs just having bad wind everyday?

macc noodle
22-02-12, 08:45
Kirsty is this you or your mum?

---------- Post added at 08:45 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

Kirsty

If you look at the NMP articles down left hand side of screen, it lists some of the symptoms of IBS - wind is a feature.

Also, if you are anxious all the time you do have a propensity to be rather windy!!!! (as my husband will bear witness to having lived with me and my anxiety for so many years....:blush:)

Have you tried making sure that you drink plenty of water - that helps reduce the gas levels in your body - when I am bad I have just boiled water but, of course, that then has another side effect which requires you stay close to your facilities !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Macc

kirstynic
22-02-12, 08:52
I don't drink alot of anything really. Is it normal to have bad wind everyday? And if it was anything bad wouldn't it not be relieved by parecetomol drinks?

I know this is my mums main symptom to and I don't know just feeling a bit of a mess with everything lately :(

kirstynic
22-02-12, 19:12
Any other really windy people?

swgrl09
22-02-12, 19:16
What is your diet like? I am SUPER gassy (sorry to all my friends/family) and it is like you describe - smellly enough to kill living things!!! TMI i know. Mine started when I started adding lots of fiber to my diet, so I assume that's why.

kirstynic
22-02-12, 20:05
My diet is pretty much the same every day don't eat to much fibre really. Are you like it most days? I don't have any stool problems xx

swgrl09
22-02-12, 20:13
yes almost every day, no stool problems either.

kirstynic
22-02-12, 20:16
How old are you if you don't mind me asking lol xx

lunoar
23-02-12, 00:04
I have the same problem intermittently. My stomach/digestion is never great and often windy (IBS i assume) but when i get really anxious it makes me painfully bloated, tired and dizzy aswell.

swgrl09
23-02-12, 16:39
I'm 23

Lizziesaurus
23-02-12, 17:10
It's nice to see some people suffer as I do. My stomachs so bad at the moment, I put it down to working very different shifts and bad eating habits. Also, stopping being veggie so going to cut some meat out, hopefully lose some weight too!

It can be so so painful though, been taking buscopan, doesn't seem to help much..

teez
23-02-12, 17:19
yes i have the odd wind problem,,but im all or nothing kinda girl either it gets trapped and im in pain cos mine travels round and ends up in my chest,,or i botty burp all the time ,, one of the other good things about having three dogs,,i can blame them :blush: