PDA

View Full Version : Having an attack now

Sarahj8079
22-02-12, 09:27
Hi

I have been having attacks on and off since 7am.

I have had really bad pain in the centre of my chest it felt like someone was punching me. I called the doctors but they have no appointments until next week.

I hasd an ECG In Oct last year so I know its not my heart. Please someone help me to calm down x

capricorn234
22-02-12, 09:43
Hi Sarah it sounds like you are having a very bad panic attack, this has happened to me and I called the doctor on the emergency number. Please call them and explain as the doctor I called was really understanding and prescribed be some medication to stop my heart racing. have you someone there with you and can you call a friend to come over to be with you?It's a frightening and horrible place. Please let me know if you are alright...Ellie

Sarahj8079
22-02-12, 09:51
Thanks for replying Ellie, am at work which makes it 100 times worse, I have tried to explain about the attacks but they dont understand it. Doctors are 35 miles away from work and are useless. The earliest they can see me is next week een though I begged and pleaded with reception.

I just feel right now that I would be better off not being around. Have been trying to cope for 6 months on my own, partner thinks im making it up, just dont know anymore

capricorn234
22-02-12, 10:07
I understand Sarah and I am so sorry you feel that way, I was very bad myself yesterday I had to get some tablets from my doctor to calm myself down. Can you not explain to the doctor that it is urgent and get an appointment today....I think it's really important to speak to someone understanding as it's not right that you should go through this alone. It's very unfair of your boyfriend to say you are making it up, anxiety and panic attacks are a very real thing and horrible to go through. If you have someone you can talk to who you can trust and can give you support and a hug please see them....it's important you don't go through this alone. Also there is an A and E department at the hospital where you could go to if no joy with doctor....I send a warm hug to you...keep in touch:hugs:

Sarahj8079
22-02-12, 10:09
Thank you Ellie I will accept the hug and will keep in touch. I am calming down a bit now, sometimes I feel that I cant cope any longer but once it passes im ok x

capricorn234
22-02-12, 10:12
I totally relate Sarah I didn't want to go on with all this yesterday myself. Pleaae remember you are not alone with all this and that people care xx

nicola1980
22-02-12, 10:19
Sending you :hugs: it truly is horrible how your feeling, i was like it yesterday afternoon and really felt like id had enough to the point i couldnt fight this anymore, your not alone :hugs: x x

JoJoR
23-02-12, 13:06
Hope you feel better today.... What a terrible time you were having yesterday. Sending you best wishes... Stay Strong..x Jo x

capricorn234
24-02-12, 06:18
Hi Sarah I hope you are okay. Been having loads of anxiety attacks too this week. I totally sympathise it is horrible. Keep in touch and take good care of yourself...:hugs:

Day-V Anne
27-02-12, 00:01
It will be ok hun!! I hope you are having a better go of it. I have recently added a new symptom to my list and what I experience more of lately is feeling like I am choking, or not being able to swallow.... Please remember that panic attacks use up so much of your body's adrenaline that it won't last for too long. Sometimes if I go to a dark room and lay down it helps so much. Please feel better! You are never alone!!! :)

Xoxo
D