PDA

View Full Version : So upset today :( this urination is ruining my life!

jaynehal
22-02-12, 11:44
Hi everyone

Sooooo upset today and feeling very agitated, this constant urination is driving me mad, and I've started googling symptoms again, which always make me feel worse because now I think I've got eveything :,( I keep thinking this urinating isn't anxiety although that's what my doc says as all test are fine.

Why am I urinating:

10am 170ml
11am 200ml
11.30 200ml

how can I stop this health anxiety.

Please help me

Jayne xx

Jamesk
22-02-12, 11:47
DO NOT GO TO DOCTOR GOOGLE!

Sorry you are having trouble, although I was worried this morning in passing, as I always need a wee when I get into the shower, even if I have only been 5 minutes before. I am pretty sure it is just my stupid mind.

jaynehal
22-02-12, 11:57
Thanks James, feel rubbish today! Had this for 3 months and I'm at the end of my tether! X

Idstain
22-02-12, 13:24
Hi Jayne, maybe you are drinking too much water/tea/coffee ? http://180degreehealth.com/2012/02/how-much-water-should-you-drink

kingkong
22-02-12, 13:38
Hi Jayne,
This is a home remedy, which my grandma used to tell her kids when her grandkids got urination problems ( frequent, burning sensaiton etc).
May be you can try and see if it helps.

Its nothing more complicated than eating raw radish. Its not the small red ones, but the long white ones.

If the taste is unpalatable, you might want to try it with a bit of salt.

This is supposed to sooth the entire system and give a relaxing rest to the system.

Not sure if it really helps, but nothing wrong in trying.

Since Radish is just a vegetable, you might want to try it for a few days and if you dont like it, or does not give the desired results, you might want to stop it anyway. I have also heard that the radish leaves can be cooked like spinach and they are good as well.

RosieXXX
22-02-12, 13:50
Hello Jayne,

Once an anxious mind locks into a thought it is extremely difficult to break away from it.

Anxiety plays havoc with physical symptoms; and i know it is particularly distressing when you are trying to shake the anxiety, but are having to contend with the physical symptoms at the same time.

You must try to hold on to positive thoughts; and the good news is all your tests have come back negative.

I think anxiety sufferers have very powerful mind sets, which usually works against us, because we become caught up in negative thinking, but equally, i think if we are determined enough we can turn things around - difficult i know - but it Can be done. Promise yourself to stay away from google - you will not gain any comfort from it; it is poisonous to an anxious mind. Remind yourself all tests have come back negative - your doctor is not concerned and knows your symptoms are anxiety driven. Try to accept this frequent urination as Nothing more than anxiety, and in time it will subside. :hugs:

Stop measuring the amount of pee - self checking feeds the anxiety. Go to the loo, flush and forget about it. xx

jaynehal
22-02-12, 13:56
Hi thanks for the support!

I don't think I'm drinking too much as when I told my doc what I'm drinking she said it's not enough!

And thanks for the radish tip, I'll try anything.

Just got it in my head today that this can't be anxiety :( fed up!

Thanks again

Jayne x

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:52 ----------

Thanks Rosie what a really nice positive reply, wish I could be so positive, you make perfect sense and I will try my best to to follow your advise, I have good and bad days, wish I could be normal!
Thanks again
Jayne x

Mehr
26-04-14, 11:58
I am in the same boat as you. I keep going to pee every 30-45 minutes and not in small amount too. I wonder where is all that water coming from? Have you been cured yet? It is already 3 months and I show no signs of recovery.

emeraldgirl
26-04-14, 23:13
Peeing is one of those things....the more you think about it, the more you want to go. I know, I've been there. Try not to focus on it and you may not need to go so often. You might just have a bit if an over active bladder if you don't have any other symptoms- it's very common

Fishmanpa
26-04-14, 23:15
10am 170ml
11am 200ml
11.30 200ml

Well... at least it's not documenting your poo! ;)

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
28-04-14, 17:07
Mehr: I'm in a similar situation, since early December, the urge to go right after just going. It does bad things for my anxiety and I'm sick of it. My fear is having IC. :(

Mehr
29-04-14, 15:59
Mehr: I'm in a similar situation, since early December, the urge to go right after just going. It does bad things for my anxiety and I'm sick of it. My fear is having IC. :(

aww me too...have you done tests and scans? all are apparently clear for me. I have no other symptoms except the frequent urge to urinate. Maybe you should consult and urologist. I keep worrying too...i feel worthless and sicj of this issue. I cannot stop thinking about this. Take care dr :bighug1:

Leslie735
30-04-14, 13:00
aww me too...have you done tests and scans? all are apparently clear for me. I have no other symptoms except the frequent urge to urinate. Maybe you should consult and urologist. I keep worrying too...i feel worthless and sicj of this issue. I cannot stop thinking about this. Take care dr :bighug1:

I have seen my regular GP and I saw a urogynecologist recently. All my GP did was talk with me and did a urine dip stick test to check for UTI, negative. The urogyn. did a pelvic exam and took urine by cath (ouch!). She said all looked normal and told me to come back in a month if I was still having symptoms. That was at the end of Feb and I haven't gone back because I'm scared to and the symptoms sometimes leave for a week or so. Have you had a scope done?

Mehr
30-04-14, 15:02
I have seen my regular GP and I saw a urogynecologist recently. All my GP did was talk with me and did a urine dip stick test to check for UTI, negative. The urogyn. did a pelvic exam and took urine by cath (ouch!). She said all looked normal and told me to come back in a month if I was still having symptoms. That was at the end of Feb and I haven't gone back because I'm scared to and the symptoms sometimes leave for a week or so. Have you had a scope done?

I did have a urine test and had x-rays done for my kidneys, uterus etc. All are clear except the doctor diagnosed me with Polycytic Ovary syndrome but this has nothing to do with frequent urination. I fear that I have Overactive bladder but i don't want to take medications for the rest of my life for this since OAB is only treatable but not curable. :weep: Besides, I have visited so many doctors but to no avail.

to make matters worse, some of my friends and family members told me they only urinate like only 3-4 times in 24hrs and this makes me feel more depressed. Even before this anxiety problem, i used to pee at least 7-9 times. I feel so miserable and tired. No one seems to understand me. Maybe you should visit your urogyn once again. I hope we will soon get better...have patience. Best of luck.

Leslie735
30-04-14, 19:00
I did have a urine test and had x-rays done for my kidneys, uterus etc. All are clear except the doctor diagnosed me with Polycytic Ovary syndrome but this has nothing to do with frequent urination. I fear that I have Overactive bladder but i don't want to take medications for the rest of my life for this since OAB is only treatable but not curable. :weep: Besides, I have visited so many doctors but to no avail.

to make matters worse, some of my friends and family members told me they only urinate like only 3-4 times in 24hrs and this makes me feel more depressed. Even before this anxiety problem, i used to pee at least 7-9 times. I feel so miserable and tired. No one seems to understand me. Maybe you should visit your urogyn once again. I hope we will soon get better...have patience. Best of luck.

I'm sorry your having so much trouble. 7-9 times in 24 hours is pretty normal, I wouldn't worry about that. When you go, are you generally going or just feeling like you need to? There is a difference. I get the sensation of needing to go in the urethra mainly. My fear is having interstitial cystitis which is also incurable but treatable. It's hard I know. :hugs:

Mehr
01-05-14, 09:25
I'm sorry your having so much trouble. 7-9 times in 24 hours is pretty normal, I wouldn't worry about that. When you go, are you generally going or just feeling like you need to? There is a difference. I get the sensation of needing to go in the urethra mainly. My fear is having interstitial cystitis which is also incurable but treatable. It's hard I know. :hugs:

I feel the urge to pee every 45 mins-1 hour sometimes even less. I can manage to hold in for 2 hours as long as the urge is not that strong but this makes me very uncomfortable especially in my abdomen. But yes I do pee whenever i feel the urge. One glass of water can make me go every hour lol. Do you feel pain while peeing? don't trust internet too much. You may not have IC. I thought i had this too but the tests were clear. Just check with your doctor. Oki ...don't be scared :)