PDA

View Full Version : Feel so lonely

theharvestmouse
22-02-12, 19:56
That's probably what gets me more than anything, I can accept the anxiety to a certain extent, I can live with it but what I can't live with is the lonely existence I feel day in day out. It gets to me every day and brings me down, even when I have moments that I feel more positive by the end of the day I just feel so lonely that I can't see any hope.

I don't know how long I've got left but time is running out, my patience has all but gone. I am doing things, classes, social events, online dating, but I just struggle to ever get anywhere, its been 3 years since I was intimate with a woman and for a man of my age soul destroying especially because I am in good shape and considered attractive but that's irrelevant when you have social/GAD. In the end I think what is wrong with me?:shrug:, attractive women show interest in me but I am powerless to do anything because of the anxiety, its like torture.

I do sometimes think that I will end up killing myself to end this hell, at least then I won't have to go through this pain every day. I can't take much more of it, not far off my breaking point now.

Maybe I need a break from here. NMP is great and the support is fantastic but perhaps I should give it some time and hopefully things might change.

Sorry for this negativity but just so fed up right now that I can't see much hope in my life.

sickandtired
22-02-12, 20:07
the next time a woman flirts with you.......take a chance....flirt back.....these days ,its not always the man that makes the first move...
you are doing the best thing....being sociable,classes etc (doing extremely well!!)......Im sure you will succeed in the long run,just keep going....dont let this damn anx beat you!!! :hugs:

keta
22-02-12, 20:16
yes you should keep up the good work, but sometimes love will find you when it is the right time and when you expecting it the least. I'm in relationship but not sure if its right for me as don't feel that happy plus as he works away i'm kid of lonely anyway, but at least i have my little boy with me so that makes things easier, but i can symphatise as i had lots of very lonely moments in my past.

K1rsty
22-02-12, 21:38
Don't give up :hugs:I too am in a relationship and but I feel very lonely so I empathise with you. You are doing the right thing by going out and being sociable - I agree with Keta as you never now when it will happen. Please don't give up. :hugs:

kittikat
22-02-12, 23:41
Even those of us with partners can feel so alone & isolated. Please don't despair, you sound like a lovely caring person and would have so much to give. Your anxiety is getting the better of you, time to kick it in the butt now :)

Stay positive, it's not easy, but you are doing things to help yourself. Time to show that Anxiety who is the boss here!!

Sending hugs to you

Bill
23-02-12, 02:43
Even those of us with partners can feel so alone & isolated.

I've felt like that for years but I really do believe there's no hope for me anymore because I know I can never break free. I know you have anxiety but you do have freedom and one very important thing you should remind yourself every day is that it isn't just men that suffer from anxiety. Lots of women do too, and perhaps even more than men. Therefore, there will be alot of women feeling just like you so there is always hope that one of them will want to grab you as soon as they find you.

Sometimes when we walk along a pebbled beach there are so many millions in front of us that it can be so very difficult to find one to pick up and treasure but it doesn't mean it's not there waiting to be found.

If you walk in a field you might find a beautiful wild flower or in a garden a beautiful rose but you won't normally find a beautiful rose in a field. Therefore, target the places you are most likely to find what you are looking for and like a magnet they will be attracted to you because they will see themselves in you.

If you don't believe me, ask the women who are free on here because like you they still have hope unlike me.:winks: