PDA

View Full Version : feel like i'm losing my mind

cuppycake
22-02-12, 22:11
i'm a nervous reck i don't know what to do for treatment? I can't take tablets :(

Lion King
11-03-12, 17:28
Oh dear, hope your ok?Can you take any natural remedies?

Ingenious
11-03-12, 17:44
There are many alternatives to tablets, but really it all depends on exactly what is wrong and what is causing it. Examples include counselling, CBT, better diet and more exercise, therapy and group therapy, self help, relaxation (yoga etc). Don't be afraid to see your GP and make it clear you don't want to be put on medication until you have explored alternatives. Have you explored the help topics in this forum, there are many useful posts which might help.

theharvestmouse
11-03-12, 18:15
Medication is not that good in my opinion, been on Fluoxetine, did nothing, on Citalopram and its not doing anything, been on it 4 months.

I'd concentrate on therapy and other things.

dan1234
11-03-12, 18:26
Medication is not that good in my opinion, been on Fluoxetine, did nothing, on Citalopram and its not doing anything, been on it 4 months.

I'd concentrate on therapy and other things.

Probably millions would disagree. To suggest medication doesn't help because you have tried two SSRI's is a bit silly. Why don't you try a SNRI like duloxetine, or try pregabalin? Propranolol might help with the physical symptoms of anxiety.

In my opinion therapy and other things do also have their place.