PDA

View Full Version : Fed up of constantly thinking I'm going to have a heart attack :(

michelleon21
22-02-12, 22:30
Im so fed up of being on edge at the slightest pain I get anywhere near my chest! Iv had muscle ache for the past few days which gives me sharp pains when I move in certain positions and I can't stop thinking its a heart attack even though my heart is beating perfectly normal. Does anyone have any tips to help me take my mind off of it x

neroo
22-02-12, 23:08
i had the same problem for years and called a&e so many times it.
if you were having a heart attack you would know its like a elephant sitting on your chest

I use to get the oddness pain in my chest and it always felt different But never had a heart attack.. just remember that this will pass

If you were were heart attack you would have had it by now

Take it from me that your o.k, i use to think that i was having a attack every fewdays
called the a&e so many times and never anything wrong

Its most likely just your head. try breathing slowly

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

I take it your quite young and don't do cocaine, so the chances of you dying from a heart attack are so low

PanicOver!!
22-02-12, 23:38
I too had this. Has ECG tests and everything. Most chest pains with anxiety are muscle tension.
I was once told that if you "think" you are having a heart attack you then you are not as if you do have one you will Deffinately know.
Chest pains are very common with health anxiety.

SleeplessFog
23-02-12, 01:20
I am in the same boat. I have this uneasy weird ache in the left side of my chest. I want to say its muscular but it doesn't feel like it. I am sure it is anxiety but I am having a hard time convincing myself:blush:

nomorepanic
23-02-12, 01:47
heart pain is not over the heart - it is central