PDA

View Full Version : Hello, not quite sure if this is a panic attack or not

daysandways
23-02-12, 02:45
Hello. I hope you good people are well.

For a few years I have got attacks of some sort. They don't happen that often, and occur around times of stress.

I'm not sure if they're panic attacks, cos I don't feel panicked as such - and nor am I aware of hyperventilating. What happens is, first I start feeling very hyperactive, and need to pace around a lot, and then I'll get waves of intense feelings, where I need to withdraw from the surroundings - objects start revolting me, and I get some kind of tunnel vision and withdraw into myself. This is accompanied by urges to do violence to my surroundings or myself, which I hold in. That will last maybe 5-10mins , I'll start to feel exhausted and tired for another 10 mins, and then it'll come again. It happens maybe 2 or 3 times in a go.

After it's all gone, I'll get a feeling of peace - everything looks amazing and clear. And it feels like a religious experience.

Does that sound like a panic attack to anyone? I don't have a clue what happens.

diane07
23-02-12, 02:46
Hi daysandways

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Adrian Hart
23-02-12, 03:30
hi daysandways
they way in which are decribing the symptoms to me do not sound like anxiety or panic however there are other medical conditions which might fit . but i am no expert and other memebers on here maybe more in the know - hope this helps