PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance needed about anaphylaxis

Danii
23-02-12, 03:40
Okay, so on and off for the last 10 or so years I've been super worried about having an anaphylactic reaction to something I've eaten. My mom is allergic to penecillin so I dont take that, but besides that I've had no known allergies my entire life (I'm 24). I've also never had hives or thrown up after eating, nothing like that, I just feel as though my throat is closing when I eat certain foods.

But all my life its been me being afraid of peanuts, or fish, things most people who have allergies are allergic to. For the last 3 years I have been drinking every weekend with friends, enjoying myself. I've now become so afraid that I'll have a reaction to alcohol that I stopped drinking.

Is there anyone who can help me put some logic into my head? I had allergy testing 4 years ago, but that wasn't even needed my DR said, since I eat everything with no problem (I even ate sea urchin before at a sushi resturaunt). My throat feels itchy when I have a sip of beer, and it feels tight, but when I look in the mirror it looks exactly the same. I just want to be able to enjoy a drink again. Any advice?

Adrian Hart
23-02-12, 03:48
just out of curiosoty have you just given up smoking.

Danii
23-02-12, 03:52
No, I've probably smoked 5 times in my life. I tried to make it a habit (I know that stupid but all my friends were outside smoking and I was alone in the bar) but I just can't stand it.