PDA

View Full Version : Hello all from a depressive panicker!

mashedbanana
23-02-12, 12:37
Hi all

You looked like a friendly bunch so I thought I'd join :) I guess what I have is more depression but there's usually anxiety and the odd flare-up thrown in. I think I've been prone to it all my life and have had several long episodes throughout. In 2010 I went on Citalopram and came off a year later. I got my 6 counselling sessions from the NHS too. Last September I read about depression and microgynon, the contraceptive pill I was on, and so I stopped that and haven't had such terrible episodes since (no more swallowing mercury feelings).

However, recently it's all happening again and to sum it up it's just a feeling of giving up, waiting to die, not sure what to do with my life, etc.

I had a good old panic/tantrum the other morning!

Soooo, just to be writing this helps a little bit. I think I've worn out my wonderful partner with all my moods but he sticks by me. All he can do is get me out of panics but now I see it's getting to him too.

All the nice little tips they give for depression just don't apply here - get a depression first aid kit, write it down, keep a diary, get exercise, eat differently, etc ... I basically can't be bothered and just wait until something happens.

Anyway, I hope you're all hanging in there and I look forward to reading more about you all. Hope we can help each other.

nomorepanic
23-02-12, 12:38
Hi mashedbanana

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pinkdove
23-02-12, 12:46
:welcome: to nmp, nice to have you here :)

you will get lots of support on here, sorry you are not great just noe, hopefully this site will help you through this tough time xx

flossie
23-02-12, 20:22
:welcome:

MONKEE_MAGIK
23-02-12, 20:38
Hi mashedbanana

Welcome and I hope you find lots of support on here.

Sorry that you are feeling so low at the moment.

I understand how you are feeling as I am currently going though another depressive episode which is joined by some horrible anxiety and panic attacks. Like you I have been like this since I can remember.

I too have a supportive partner but I worry about the effect it is having on him. But if it was the other way round we would be just as supportive to our other halves.

If ever you need to talk feel free to message me.

Also this forum is filled with so many understanding people you are not alone

:hugs:

paula lynne
23-02-12, 21:43
Welcome along mashedbanana! glad to have you with us x

mashedbanana
23-02-12, 22:30
Thank you all, I've been having a good nose around and Nicola seems like the top banana to me! You all seem fab too.

Life is a rollercoaster you just gotta ride it (I'm no Ronan Keating fan but that's a good line...)

MONKEE_MAGIK
23-02-12, 23:24
You can't appreciate the ups without the downs.

dallas11
24-02-12, 10:41
Hi MashedBanana, I think you should encourage your partner to have a look at this site. I learned so much from it, and have found that i'm not alone either in my feelings as a partner of someone who suffers with severe anxiety/depression, nor am i alone in having a partner who is experiencing this debilitating level of stress and unhappiness. I have learned a lot from the articles I have read on the site and would thoroughly recommend them. I'm not saying I don't have problems, as they gave me an insight into some of my own behaviours too. This is a fantastic resource for the families of people who are suffering as reading some of the stories has really opened my eyes to just how wide spread this really is. Thanks to NPW for existing, it's a really valuable resource. I wish you all the best and if your partner needs support (or you) I will do my best to provide. xx Lex.

p.s. everyone loves ronan keating, and if they say they don't they're lying!

Sixandamamma
25-02-12, 23:32
I love my partner I feel the same way.welcome I am new as well.

Pipkin
26-02-12, 00:02
Hi MB and :welcome:

I think we are quite a friendly bunch as I hope you're finding out! I also find it really great to write on here and to listen to other people's experiences - it helps me to think things through.

Your partner sounds great and really supportive and that's so important (and far from always the case).

Keep posting and look after yourself

Pip xx

P.S. I love mashed banana (on toast with a little milk and sugar)

mary12
26-02-12, 21:39
Hello and welcome :)

hallam11
26-02-12, 22:26
Welcome to No more Panic. This site is amazing and has many great people on here to help you!
Hope you feel better soon!

x:hugs: