PDA

View Full Version : Blip again????

LJL
23-02-12, 13:44
Hi

I haven't been on here for a few years as my anxiety has been under control, however I seem to be having a little blip, anxiety high, worry thoughts etc, etc. Went to the docs last night and she said it's just a blip but I can't help worrying, has anyone else had a blip? I have previously and always come through it, but this seems worse.

This has appreared out of the blue, the doc said if it continues over the next few days to up my trazadone to 100 a day (usually take 50)

Any advice???

Mindful
23-02-12, 20:55
I am always having blips, sometimes i can kick in the right way of thinking and come out of pretty quick, other times it seems worse than ever before and it takes me a while to kick it.

You have to remember that memory plays a massive role with blips, it remembers really well how it felt last time and can quickly take you back and drag you back down, but on the other hand memory also remembers how you handle it before, its almost a fight between good thoughts and bad. You are just as capable of each.

Take this blip as it comes, you already know that none of it can harm you and you probably know that the more you fight it the more it hang around so do the opposite, let it be there and carry on with life, it will soon get bored if you dont pay it much attention, like a child hood bully it feeds off attention, starve it and in time it will pass again x

sam66
23-02-12, 21:08
Well said mindful, sometimes although Im crap at anything right now and its taken hold, but I have got through it before and make years of recovery, the mind is a very powerful tool, you live with what you have but you dont allow it to control you, I really cant give great advice as Im pretty much rock bottom, but I wish you well x