PDA

View Full Version : Bxxxxy Blood Pressure!

countrygirl
23-02-12, 16:59
Because my Bp is always on the high side at Drs ( just the top figure) in the summer I took my bp at home for 4 weeks and once I stopped getting the bodily reaction just at the sight of machine of my heart racing out of my chest then my bp was perfectly normal in fact good- there was a direct correlation between how fast my heart rate was and the reading. I went back to Dr with results and was told my Bp was fine and that if I had a problem then my reading would not go down as I calmed down.

I thought great I have cracked it but oh no once I had stopped taking it on a daily basis the reaction was back.

I saw Dr today and mentioned that for a couple of hours after I get up in the morning if I stand up for more than a few minutes I feel faint, I have had this for as long as I can remember but its taking longer to wear off past couple of years and he said most likely my bp is low in the mornings.

We had a laugh as he had med students with him and he told them I had the worst white coat syndrome he had ever come across and he took my bp to show them, He said before he took it that my pulse had rocketed just in the time he took to hold my arm so my bp would not be normal and sure enough it was 159/81. He was not at all bothered as he said no one with a pulse as fast as mine would have normal bp and he thought it was quite good!

He said I could take my bp while still in bed in a morning and see if it was low but he thought that this would only freak me and cause my reading to be high anyway so of no use.

I am not sure if I need to take my bp everyday to get used to machine to to not take it at all and hope that when my pulsei s normal so is my bp.

What would you all do?

teez
23-02-12, 17:14
ive a very high bp mainly because of stress also a weight issue,,i do have a home bp machine thingy,,i started out taking mine in the morning every morning but then became obsessed ,, i do mine once a month now tops,,but if youve been told to keep an eye on it at home why not do it a set time every day and write it down,,i have white coat syndrome which is why i was told to do mine at home,,fear of drs lol

countrygirl
23-02-12, 20:09
No the Dr said not to bother as he is not worried about my BP as for someone with a pulse as high as mine when he took it he expected it to be even higher than it was and because I had done the taking it every day for a month in the summer and it had been perfectly normal once I had calmed down he says I do not have a problem. It is me who has a problem as its always higher at the Drs and if I take it as a one off at home.

Pipkin
23-02-12, 20:35
Hi there,

If your doctor's not concerned about your BP, I would just accept it and not check it at home. It's just one of many ways of checking your body and it naturally fluctuates anyway.

I think a lot of people get that head rush feeling in the morning as the heart's had an easier time overnight whilst you've been lying flat. Just be steady when you get up and, as long as it passes and your GP's not concerned, you'll be fine.

Pip

cathycrumble
23-02-12, 20:55
This is why I am ill with my nerves because I have the worse white syndrome on the planet I am suffering so much I cant belive it I wouldnt mind but I even got it done in the gp and it was 128/80 which was fine but i still worry I cant take it at home i am like countrygirl I just have to see a machine and my nerves go I just have to think of BP and my nerves go. I will someone could help me but I have been on here loads asking for help but I just cant seem to take the help in.

I am waiting for CBT to help me with this.

Cathy xx

Greenman50
23-02-12, 21:12
Just got mine done at the docs 149 / 88 .

What my dr said (after full blood works ) that it isn,t an issue as my kidneys liver etc are fine , chlostoral high though and LFS picked up 2 raised enzyms ....but i know i have been drinking to much lately which is going to stop.

Like you my anxiety goes up before the check and i don,t think mine is as high as the reading suggests .

My advice.....ignore it if the doc an,t concerned . I think yours is better than mine as i think the lower reading is more (on mine 88 ) important .

cathycrumble
23-02-12, 21:28
yes the 88 is when the axiety kicks in and as you say as long as the gp is happy why worry lol.

Cathy xx

cathycrumble
25-02-12, 13:34
Because my Bp is always on the high side at Drs ( just the top figure) in the summer I took my bp at home for 4 weeks and once I stopped getting the bodily reaction just at the sight of machine of my heart racing out of my chest then my bp was perfectly normal in fact good- there was a direct correlation between how fast my heart rate was and the reading. I went back to Dr with results and was told my Bp was fine and that if I had a problem then my reading would not go down as I calmed down.

I thought great I have cracked it but oh no once I had stopped taking it on a daily basis the reaction was back.

I saw Dr today and mentioned that for a couple of hours after I get up in the morning if I stand up for more than a few minutes I feel faint, I have had this for as long as I can remember but its taking longer to wear off past couple of years and he said most likely my bp is low in the mornings.

We had a laugh as he had med students with him and he told them I had the worst white coat syndrome he had ever come across and he took my bp to show them, He said before he took it that my pulse had rocketed just in the time he took to hold my arm so my bp would not be normal and sure enough it was 159/81. He was not at all bothered as he said no one with a pulse as fast as mine would have normal bp and he thought it was quite good!

He said I could take my bp while still in bed in a morning and see if it was low but he thought that this would only freak me and cause my reading to be high anyway so of no use.

I am not sure if I need to take my bp everyday to get used to machine to to not take it at all and hope that when my pulsei s normal so is my bp.

What would you all do?

Hi countrygirl I need to ask you I am having CBT on tuesday for my blood pressure fear. as that has coursed me to have a breakdown. I did have lots going on ie lost my job was in hospital with bad water infection marriage breakup car crash that is when the nurse said get your BP checked by your gp it is a bit high. and so the story goes I just cant get the fear out of my head of having it taken.

Can I ask I know you have the same fear but I do you live your daily life in other words how do you put the fear out of your mind I seem to have been obbsessing over it. and now I am a nervous wreck and starting antidepressents to calm me down.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated I had a good life until this bloody bp fear came into it. I take a 5mp of amodopine which I asked for when in hospital as I was so anxious and it was up. and the nurse said just take the months pack then stop them but I didnt I asked my gp to keep giving them to me. which he did.

I just don't seem to relax. I cant even excersize anymore as i worry about my BP how silly is that?

Cathy xx

countrygirl
25-02-12, 13:51
Hi Cathy. I suppose it is not a huge problem for me in that as long as I do not have to have it taken or take it myself it does not worry me too much other than worrying that it might be up!
My reaction is a general one to anything remotely medical or stressful in that I just need to walk into a Drs surgery and my pulse shoots up to ovr 100 and once a Dr comes anywhere near me then it can go up to 140bpm. Of course the first thing every Dr and nurse does no matter what reason you are there for is to take your pulse and bp:wacko::wacko:.
As I said I did over the summer when taking it every day for 4 weeks calm down considerably so that my pulse was around 90 and once my pulse was around 90 then my bp was normal as in 128/82 which my Dr says proves that its my high pulse rate causing the above normal bp that I get when its taken.
He refused point blank to give may any bp meds as he said I would probably spend my time out in a dead faint due to my bp being too low when not super stressed. I said only time anyone can get a true bp reading from me is if I am unconscious!
This has been a problem for me since I was in my early 20's as I remember going in for a laparoscpy and when they took me to the operating room for anaethetic my pulse was 140 and I had had a pre med and they said that my pulse was still a bit high even when out for the count so I was obviously still stressed while unconcscious.

cathycrumble
25-02-12, 14:23
So you don't worry about your BP? when I got mine done I took my bp machine in to check it was ok that was one of my brave days but I was still very anxious and when she took it it was 128/80 So that is ok. What annnoys me is that if I was calm I most probs would have it lower again.

Maybe the CBT will help me

Cathy xx