PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline-Stomach Ache??

pinkunicorn
23-02-12, 20:39
Hi Guys....I really need some advice....I'm on day 7 of sertraline and my stomach is so bloated and sore,it's so uncomfortable. I've spoken to my GP who said that it is 'probably' the tablets....but I'm worring about what this medciation is doing to my insides,my stomach really doesn't like it! I don't know what to do...It may just need time to get into my system properly,I get that,but I'm feeling so uncomfortable. I'm back at the doctors a week today,I'm just hoping that by then,it will have settled down.

Has anyone else had the same symptoms whilst on these meds...any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you xx

cathycrumble
23-02-12, 20:41
Sorry to hear you suffering with your tummy. What do the Side effects say on the leaflet?

I have got these but too scared to start them how are you feeling apart from the bloating? xx

Cathy xx

pinkunicorn
23-02-12, 20:45
Thanks Cathy. I feel quite light headed at the moment. The first few days,I suffered with nausea and an annoying headache,but that's passed now. It's just this annoying stomach pain. It's driving me mad!!!

Ambers
23-02-12, 21:06
Yes my tummy was awful for the first few weeks - but I could deal with it as I knew it would pass along with the light head, sickness I had. I have now got to roughly 4 months on Sertraline and it has changed my life... seriously! last week I took my son to London on a train in rush hour to visit the museums. It does take time so give it a chance to work... mine started to work around 10 weeks. Good luck

pinkunicorn
23-02-12, 21:16
Thank You Ambers! That sounds very positive.....WOW....I'm so pleased for you hun! Well,I hope I can stick on it.... I wwill certainly try my best and I feel a little better,that you also had the same symptoms as me!

Take Care and keep well !! xx

cathycrumble
23-02-12, 21:24
It is great to hear success on a antidepressent.

Ambers what time of the day do you take it and what dose you on. And I had horendous SE on prozaac and had to stop after 31 days.

Do you think the SE on Sertraline are ok ie bearable?

Cathy xx

Ambers
24-02-12, 19:55
Cathy - I am on 50mg per day. I take it 4pm...

I tried Fluoexine first and came off at 3 weeks after awful side effects inc mania. Sorry cant write much as keyboard sticking - but will come back later if you have any more Q's. :)

cathycrumble
24-02-12, 20:11
Thanks Ambers. I am on 50mg also. I took mine this morning. I am not feeling hungry but then my nerves make me feel like this also. I took my first pil today. I seem to have a windy tummy. like empty but I dont want to eat. my son is bringing a chinese in after work so may nibble on that.

I also got a headach just across my forhead. nothing too bad. I just want to eat. lol.

Will keep intouch I am so glad it is going well for you.

Cathy xx

xhyperyogix
24-02-12, 21:36
it gave me headaches at first. i never got the stomach and nausia thing, but my doc said that may happen. so its probably common for upset tummies.... x

pinkunicorn
24-02-12, 22:37
Thank you Yogi.... Well it's day 7 today! And.....drum roll please.....NO TUMMY ACHE!!!! Whoooo Hooooo !!! I think I've turned a corner! Physically anyway! LOL !

Thanks for the comments everyone! xxx

cathycrumble
24-02-12, 22:43
How you feeling mentally now? And so happy you havn't got the tummy ach great news. xx

Cathy xx

xhyperyogix
24-02-12, 22:43
wwhhhooop for sertraline xxx glad you feel better xx

pinkunicorn
25-02-12, 13:07
Cathy.... Mentally not quite sure,if I'm honest,I feel a little light headed still and I still feel that the bad thoughts are there and I feel emotional. But,all that said,it is only day 8.....

I will keep you updated!!

xxx

cathycrumble
25-02-12, 13:18
yes keep me updated.

my tummy is windy like that hungry feeling and a bit colicy but i havnt got much of an appitite. as my nerves are bad. Are you taking anything else as I asked my gp for diazipam but she refused I was on them whn I tried to take citalopram and prozac because those SE were awful just hope the SE on these arn't too bad.

Please god they work for us. :)

Cathy xx

LAURA48
25-02-12, 13:27
Hi Cathy - third time lucky - they will work - and I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed mine will! As been feeling bloody awful!

cathycrumble
25-02-12, 13:39
Thanks Laura you are a lovely caring person and I hope the prozac strarts working for you. You are so brave.

How are you feeling now? I couldnt sleep last night and I rang nhs direct as i was shaking and retching but I have been doing that the last week so I know it is not the sertraline I am a bit calmer now and the nurse I spoke to was lovely she chateterd to me for about half an hour. she said try to relax and I am sure the CBT will help when you strart that on tuesday.

How long you been on the prozac? this is my 2nd day.

Cathy xx

pinkunicorn
25-02-12, 18:29
Cathy,that is exactly how I felt with my stomach when I started on these last week. For me it took a week for that feeling to go..... hang in there hun. Been feeling quite low today for some reason,I spent the afternoon in bed,just couldn't be bothered with anything/anyone... I felt so down. I just hope it passes.

I hope things improve you you soon xxx

cathycrumble
25-02-12, 18:41
Really sorry to hear that Pinkunicorn. Do you feel anybetter now? I hope so. I really think it takes time for these meds to kick in.

It is hard but lets hope tomorrow you feel lots better.

Cathy xx