PDA

View Full Version : A relapse?

monika
24-02-12, 02:19
Hey guys,

Wow, I have not even been active on this site since November 09...and here I am in 2012 back on.
I had really bad anxiety, panic attacks, ocd, dpr & drlz in 08 and 09...but I recovered and have felt good since then. My anxiety always kinda lingered, but I could totally deal with it and it was like it never had happened to me!
In the past three weeks though, I had my first panic attack in a long time. I was talking with my sister about panic attacks, and that night I had one! For the first time in a while. And since then, I've been a basket case. If my mind isn't racing with ocd thoughts, I'm in bed depressed. I've lost count of the amount of panic attacks I've had in these past 3 weeks.
The worst part is the doubting. Whenever I start to feel okay, I immediately worry about when the next attack will be, or get derealization thoughts like I'm not really here, or think this is all in my head.

The worst part is, no one around me really knows what is going on. I feel ashamed to tell anyone. I'm in university, and although I'm on break now, Monday I start school again and I don't think I can go back in this current state.

I can't figure out why this happened again. I'm wondering if there isn't some trauma or experiences I am not dealing with that are causing this anxiety to come back. I don't know if this is just the way I am, or if something happened to me in my past to cause this.

I have moments where I think I am fine, and back to normal, and then it just comes back anyways, horrible and suffocating.

Has anyone experienced, for lack of a better word, a relapse like this? Anxiety gone for years and then just coming back out of the blue?

Thanks if you read this far....
Best Regards,
Monika

LJL
24-02-12, 09:07
Hi Monika

I'm going through the same at the moment. I haven't been on this site for a couple of years as I have been doing really well. I'm not having panic attacks but my anxiety has hit the roof and I don't know why.

Are you on medication?

I have had blips in the past and I have got over them and I know I will this time. I also have to go back to work on Monday and I am not looking forward to it but life goes on and we have to try. Give it a go and if you feel poorly come home.

We will get there x

Rach29
24-02-12, 09:26
ive had relapses i had it bad for a good few years when i couldnt move out the house then i had my youngest son it dissapeared for a few years i was so happy i got through it then last year it started bad again not as bad where i cant move out the house but bad enough its so horrible all i can say is you have got through it before you will again just keep strong thats what i tell myself anyway

LJL
24-02-12, 09:35
Couldn't agree more Rach. Mine is not as bad as before. I can sleep and drive for a start!!

Some relapses are quite bad and some you come out of within days, (this is a long blip)!!! I just can't understand why they appear out of nowhere. It's so, so frustrating

X