PDA

View Full Version : Really not good today......am scared...

Sazziesaz
24-02-12, 10:04
I am really trying to hold off til my scheduled doctors appointment on Tuesday but am really scared today as my throat is awful!!

I have had the lump in the throat feeling and occasional squeezing of throat feeling for about 6 weeks with a horrid throat virus inbetween, last night I had indigestion with burping up sick (sorry to be graphic) and this morning it really feels like I am not going to be able to breathe!! The lump in the throat feeling does move from side to side but this morning it is terrible and hurts when I swallow, I really feel like it is going to stop me breathing!! It feels like someone has me round the throat and I am REALLY scared I am going to die or it is throat cancer.... I am really struggling to be rational about it today as it is SO uncomfortable :(

Jamesk
24-02-12, 10:29
I am really trying to hold off til my scheduled doctors appointment on Tuesday but am really scared today as my throat is awful!!

I have had the lump in the throat feeling and occasional squeezing of throat feeling for about 6 weeks with a horrid throat virus inbetween, last night I had indigestion with burping up sick (sorry to be graphic) and this morning it really feels like I am not going to be able to breathe!! The lump in the throat feeling does move from side to side but this morning it is terrible and hurts when I swallow, I really feel like it is going to stop me breathing!! It feels like someone has me round the throat and I am REALLY scared I am going to die or it is throat cancer.... I am really struggling to be rational about it today as it is SO uncomfortable :(

Stick with it until you see your doctor - I am sure you will be fine. I had this for a good 18 months to the point I couldn't swallow, the outside of my throat was soar and I would cough and cough until I was sick. It was globus (acid) causing a mild discomfort which I then amplified and irritated by trying to clear it.

I KNEW I had something in my throat becuase I could feel it so strongly, but I didn't I just had a small sore spot which they sorted with tablets. Please try to relax until you see your doctor, I am certain all will be well.

Edit - just to make you laugh and feel better I knew so certainly I had throat cancer, I made a list of songs I wanted at my funeral and left it in my desk drawer. :blush::blush:

Sazziesaz
24-02-12, 10:40
Lol that did make me chuckle re your song list, but I can totally relate to you doing that! It is horrid as it really feels as though there is something there! Not that I can feel anything by prodding. It feels as though it is going to stop me breathing! I really hope it is just a sore spot as you say you had!!