PDA

View Full Version : Blood test results ?

molkogirl
24-02-12, 18:20
Hi, I had a blood test yesterday at about 12pm. They were checking for helicobacter pylori due to some bloating and pain in my tummy. I left it a week from the doc giving me the blood forms till i got the test because i hate blood tests. Anyway since i saw the doc i have not had my period & it is about a week overdue now (the doc doesn't know this though,it has happened since) i have done 3 pregnancy tests and all negative.
Anyway i got a call about an hour ago from the receptionist at doctors saying that she wants to see me and i have to go in on monday morning. I asked why but she did not know.
I am really upset now. I guess the questions i have are.
Could my doc have got the results today from my blood test yesterday or is it too soon?
Could the blood test have shown anything else up or would they just literally check for the thing marked on the form? (The form said dyspepsia & bloating, Excess wind, helecobacter pylori?)
I dont know why she wants to see me, im so anxious now incase its bad and thats why i have to go in. I also cant understand where my period is because im not normally late and it cant be stress because i have spent the best part of 15 years stressed and its never stopped them before.
Please if anyone has any help or advice.
Thanks
Sarah

countrygirl
24-02-12, 19:37
If the blood test was just to detect h pylori then that is all it would be for??? Did Dr say what she was testing your for??? Without that knowledge then its impossible to say why she is calling you back. If it was just the hp test then it may be that you have tested positive as do about half the population and treatment is just antibiotics and acid suppressor for a few weeks or she may have been doing other bloods in which case it could be any of them??

Obviously you are going to worry yourself until you go back:wacko: but remember that anything really really serious and your Dr would have contacted you personally straight away.

You have obviously been super stressed from your post and this can affect hormones. How old are you??? if you are in your mid 30's onwards then this can be beginnings of peri menopause where periods can go strange on and off for up to 10 years. Again if you miss another period then tell your Dr who can do appropriate tests depending on your age and symptoms.

molkogirl
24-02-12, 19:58
Yeah she said she was just testing for h pylori, she never mentioned anything else. Just seems like the results came back really quick if thats what it is cos i only had them yesterday.
I am 30, could this still be peri menopause? I have had bad low back pain on and off for a week like it was gonna come but it just doesn't. I hate being worried all the time. Im prob over reacting i know

countrygirl
25-02-12, 13:22
Your too young for peri meno, most likely stress affecting them but wait and see and if nothing happens when your next one is due then def tell your Dr as they can do ultrsound scan to check all is well and check bloods as having thyroid problems affects your periods amongst other things so common thing for your Dr to investigate and does not have to anything horrible!

Most blood tests come back within 24 hrs nowadays as path labs are all mechanised and they do 100's of tests in one go so get through huge number of tests a day. If sounds as if you might have tested positive but its nothing to worry about just a course of antibiotics and acid supressors for a month or so.

Savannah
25-02-12, 15:21
Yes, I tested positive for Helicobacter 2 years ago and my results cane back within 24 hours.

Most blood results come back to the gp within 24 hours then they check them and comment.

If she was only testing for Helicobacter then my guess is that was positive and she wants to see you regarding a further test to confirm it, as the bloods only detect antibodies.