PDA

View Full Version : sick of hyperventilating!!!

Rach29
24-02-12, 19:16
I was wondering as anyone has any tips to stop myself from hyperventilating i always feel like i need a deep breath and when i cant get one deep enough i try another and hyperventilate its so annoying when i know i shouldnt but i cant stop for reassurance that i can breath when i can its worse when im walking its really getting on my nerves now but there only me that has to stop it any tips anyone :blush:

swgrl09
24-02-12, 19:42
breath in a paper bag a little?

Rach29
24-02-12, 19:45
ive cupped my hands over my mouth a few time but when ive calmed down i tell myself i need another deep breath then im tellin myself i dont seriously its like argueing with myself ha thanks for the tip x

robocop192
24-02-12, 20:55
Breathing into a paper bag is a great idea. If you check out my thread anxiety an old pro if you need i have put a fair few tips and put my blog site down where ive put vids and free tips. My old doc always said breathing into a bag was best I like laying down and deep slow breaths and count backwards down from 100!

Rach29
24-02-12, 21:21
i will have to give it a try and i will look at your blog site sounds interesting thanks :)

swiffer61
25-02-12, 11:24
It might sound weird but sometimes I get a book and read aloud to try and control my breathing a bit better. Doesn't always work but I think it can help as when you read, if you follow the appropriate pauses it ought to help regulate your breaths a bit, not to mention maybe a good distraction.

Rach29
25-02-12, 11:37
thats a good idea ill defo give that a try thankyou Swiffer 61:)