PDA

View Full Version : Sertraline success stories please

Scared_11
24-02-12, 19:29
I am having pretty bad period of severe anxiety and depression. After having had 2 sessions of CBT in the past 5 years (one successful, one not so much) I have decided I should try medication for the first time ever. This has caused me huge anxiety as I have never wanted to take them as have been too worried about the side effects.

I have started sertraline today and just wanted people to share success stories with this drug for abit of encouragement.

Thanks x

cathycrumble
24-02-12, 20:32
Hi Scared 11

Me to I have started them today 50mg and I am also scared of having bad SE as I had an awful time with prozac and citalopram. Well I must say cit did work great for me after 3 months I then stayed on them for a further 3 months and stupidly came off of them. I did go back on them but didnt feel I could cope with the sickness. that was last year so about 2 months ago I tried prozac stayed on them for 31 days and had to come off them.

I have heard good things about Sertraline so let's hope.

Cathy xx

Scared_11
24-02-12, 20:50
Well good luck to you then. This is the first anti-d I have tried so I dont know what to expect. I would have to be quite lucky for the first one I try to work.

Keep me posted and let me know how u get on x

cathycrumble
24-02-12, 21:13
will do and good luck to you :)

Cathy xx

Holly Golightly
24-02-12, 21:26
I changed meds from Citalopram to Sertraline a few years ago and don't recall side effects being as bad with Sertraline as they were with Citalopram. Weaned off the Sertraline and was off anti-ds for 2 years after this but had to go back on Citalopram last year. However, this time I also tried CBT and have been having regular sessions for past 9 months. I have to say I find this method much more effective than meds - as, like you, I really didn't want to go on them again. Weaning off the Citalopram as we speak though, so fingers crossed!

Am sure you will be fine! Sometimes you need the meds to get you to a stronger place mentally.

Take care x

xhyperyogix
24-02-12, 21:29
ive been on sert for 5 weeks now and the side effects are minimal. 50mg per day. its made the anbx symptoms much better but not totally got rid of the depression. the way i describe it so far is that before i wasn't functioning (that coma type depression), and so now I am back working in a limited capacity and I can actually hold a conversation which i had trouble with before. so anyway, now I don't dread each day, but I also don't exactly look forward to anything either. fell rather empty tbh. So, in conclusion, yes thay have improved me, but i still have a way to go. i do think they are a good med tho! xxxx

Update - bumped up to 100mg today. Feeling good again ha ha!!! Stick in there all xxxx