PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with hair loss phobia

Em.ma
24-02-12, 20:09
Hi,
My fear is of hair loss. I have thick course frizzy poofy hair.
I have being washing and going for ages now but my hair is very dry.
I have to wet my hair all over in the morning as my bed head it beyong beliefe and nothing else can control it.
I was wondering if it was bad for hair to be soaked with water each morning so i can style and washed every other day?

kittikat
25-02-12, 00:05
Hey Em.ma, I am a hairdresser by trade and just to put your mind at rest there is absolutley no problem with wetting your hair every day. Make sure when you shampoo (and you could even do this safely every day) you use a good moisturising shampoo & conditioner, nothing too harsh like medicated stuff which can make your hair type very dry. Also you can use a little serum on the ends daily (it should just soak in) if they are dry and frizzy. A good cut every 6-8 weeks and maybe a nice deep conditioning treatment every 2-4 weeks depending how it feels. You certainly won't suffer hair loss from wetting or washing, although stress and anxiety can sometimes result in slight thinning or small areas of baldness called alopecia which does grow back. But please don't go worrying about this now, it's very unlikley to happen to you!! Good healthy diet, good quality products, you will be fine xx