PDA

View Full Version : Chest X Ray

Trish
25-02-12, 00:02
Hi I suffer from Asthma/mild COPD. My GP on Monday listened to my chest and said it sounded fine and my peak flow was fairly good for me. I told her I was worried about a pain I had in my left shoulder and she said she thought it wasn't anything to do with my lungs...she knows that my HA surrounds my lungs:huh: She didn't think it necessary for me to have a chest x ray, but if I wanted one for peace of mind I could have one, of course I said yes!

I didn't feel the pain in my shoulder from there on:blush:

I had the x ray on Thursday morning.

I've been on edge every time the phone rings thinking the worse, and about an hour ago the pain in my shoulder started up again:doh: Do you think if there was a problem with my x ray, I would have heard something by now?

I'm bricking it:blush:

Trish x

xtremx
25-02-12, 09:49
Hi trish. I would say your xray was good as if anything had shown up they would of contacted you..
I have xray done last year on my shoulder (left) due to shoulder aches and pains to see if I had something called a cervical rib that could put pressure on the nerve and cause pain.

But I never heard back from the doctor so phones them after 2 Weeks just to be told the xray was fine and the doctor said if we contacted everyone when everything was ok we wouldn't have time to treat people lol

Trish
25-02-12, 11:03
Thank you xtremx.

Well I almost passed out! The postman has just come with a letter and when I picked it up in the window of the envelope above my name I could see the name Dr Paul ? !! I'm sure my heart left my body at that moment:doh: I opened it and it was a receipt from the Neo-natal dept, I had done a fund raising event for the unit a little while ago, that I had forgotten about PHEWWWW!

Just trying to calm myself down, it was such a shock:scared15:

Trish x

xtremx
25-02-12, 17:08
Thank you xtremx.

Well I almost passed out! The postman has just come with a letter and when I picked it up in the window of the envelope above my name I could see the name Dr Paul ? !! I'm sure my heart left my body at that moment:doh: I opened it and it was a receipt from the Neo-natal dept, I had done a fund raising event for the unit a little while ago, that I had forgotten about PHEWWWW!

Just trying to calm myself down, it was such a shock:scared15:

Trish x

Hope you have recovered after your shock:D I am sure everything is OK with your X-ray like I said Doctors seen to only contact you if something is wrong never when it is clear (they wait until your next appointment to tell you the good news).

Btw welldone on your letter my daughter was on our local Neo-natal unit for a few weeks when she was premature. They do a good job but a bit under funded.

More people like you doing fund raisers would help get this country on track again:yesyes:

My god just found the cool smileys :whiplash:LOL