PDA

View Full Version : I'm so scared!

ro44
25-02-12, 01:55
I have something going on with my throat. It feels like sinus drainage but it's not. It feels like a lump when I swallow that won't go away. Kinda like a lot of mucus. I'm always clearing my throat but it doesn't do any good. Thought maybe it was gerd, but I have no heartburn. I've taken prilosec and gaviscon but it does no good. I had an egd done the other day. He dialated part of my esophagus because he said it was a little small but he didn't see anything to be concerned about. He did see some h.pyloria and biopsied some areas but doesn't think there's cancer. Anyway, off and on I will be eating and then all of a sudden I feel like I can't swallow. It's happened a few times. Tonight we went out to eat and I was eating for a few minutes and all of a sudden I had a mouthful of food and I couldn't get it down. I tried to swallow like 3 times and almost was afraid I might pass out or something. Really scary. I did manage to swallow and then told my hubbie I had to go to the car. I then started to cry because I'm so scared something is wrong with me. We took the leftovers home and when I got home I managed to eat the rest of it okay. Does anyone ever do this? I know I'm probably thinking too hard about swallowing. Is it just anxiety? Why can I eat several bites just fine and then all of a sudden I can't swallow the next bite? It happened the other day when I was alone in the kitchen eating and I really wasn't even thinking about swallowing and after a few bites, it happened. I just want this to go away and I want my throat to feel normal again. I'm fine at night when I sleep but as soon as I get up I have this awful lump feeling that is always there. I'm taking some xanax, but it doesn't help.

nomorepanic
25-02-12, 02:05
I have had this on and off for about 5 years - very scarey

It goes when you calm down and relax.

I use a lavender neck wrap which helps

ro44
25-02-12, 03:23
When you have it do you feel like you have to clear your throat all the time? Do you feel like you have phelgm in your throat? Where did you find your neck wrap?