PDA

View Full Version : things are looking up

R.Barratt
25-02-12, 09:16
hello everyone :D not so long ago i was suffering really badly with depression after my grandad passed away. i am still struggling now but i feel so much stronger.
i regularly see my councillor who is helping me deal with a lot of unresolved issues. i am on anti depressants which i feel help a lot to simply relax me and to able to keep my head clear so i am able to think logically.
i am still struggling to deal with family issues but i am starting to love myself and generally start having more self respect so i dont allow my family to treat me badly anymore.
i had to drop out of college but i am going back in september and i am looking at the free time i have now as an oppurtunity rather than something that panicks and daunts me. so in a few months i am going to africa to build schools :yesyes: i cant believe it i am so proud of myself.
no matter how hopeless your life feels there are oppurtunities everywhere so you are able to take control of your life and make yourself happy......so grab them!!!!!!!!!!! :hugs:

cathycrumble
25-02-12, 11:04
Well done to you great to read such a positive post. :yesyes:

What antidepressents are you on?

Cathy xx

Ingenious
25-02-12, 15:49
Great news and how fantastic you're doing something in Africa. Such a complete change of scenery and a worthwhile cause will be a life changing experience for you in all the right ways - well done!!

R.Barratt
25-02-12, 19:03
thank you so much for being so positive and kind. flouxetine 20mg and melatonin 20mg

angel wings
25-02-12, 19:13
thats great news :) well done you x

JT69
26-02-12, 14:20
Lovely Positive Post....Onwards and Upwards...may it continue.

TC
Jo.x

K1rsty
26-02-12, 14:28
Wishing you the best of luck - have a fantastic time in Africa doing something really worthwhile. Well done xxx:)

blingkasa
26-02-12, 17:06
Hi, well done! Happy to read inspiring posts. Also would love to know what is melatonin? Thanks and Happy Travelling : )

expecto patronum
29-02-12, 20:19
I was just reading your posts on the Depression forum, so I'm so pleased to have stumbled across this and seeing that you're feeling so much better! Well done, that's amazing that you have decided to go to Africa. You're very brave, take care of yourself; onwards and upwards!

Mountainclimber
29-02-12, 20:59
WELL DONE !!!!!!!:yesyes:

bignik
29-02-12, 21:17
nice to hear some positive news , wishing you all the best and long may it last :)