PDA

View Full Version : Update - Seroxat Day 3

Lainie1
25-02-12, 09:18
Thought I would give you an update...today is day 3 but haven't as yet taken the medication.
As mentioned in a previous post I've had awful diahorrea and late last night started with a migraine :weep:
Woke up early this morning with yet another migraine. Not sure if this is down to the med or it's just because I'm under so much stress at the moment.
Now I'm undecided whether to continue...it just seems that since starting (yes I know it was only a couple of days ago) I've felt even worse. put on 20mg but maybe I should split them into 10mg to see how I go on a lower dose. Is it worth carrying on or go back to my G.P. to try something else.
Feel really down at the moment and not much sleep which hasn't helped.
So glad I can come here though for support as I haven't got anyone else to share all this with.

Lainie

Pandaa
25-02-12, 10:03
Goodmorning Lainie. :)
As mentioned, the side effects is allways worse the first couple of days.
The third day was actually the baddest day for me.
I don't know if the migraine is a part of the side effects, but headache is a common side effect.
I your situation, i would probably stop taking the pill today, and see if the migraines continues. You can start the medication again after a couple of days and see if the migraine will return.
It's your decision hun, but please remember that the migraines can also be triggered by stress.

Best wishes!

Lainie1
25-02-12, 10:28
Thanks again Christina...

I think I will leave med off today for a couple of days and see how things go with the migraine.
What you said about stress...well I think you've hit the nail on the head so to speak as yesterday was an extremely bad day with the bad tum and to top it all off last night I had two lots of bad news one after the other....so stress was mega!

Will let you know how things are going.

Lainie x

Pandaa
25-02-12, 10:45
Sounds like a good plan.
Try to relax as much as possible today, treat yourself.
You can allways message me, any time. ;)

Take care dear.

paul75
26-02-12, 23:52
Lainie1,
I was on Seroxat for 12 years, the first time I tried to start up on 20mg it gave me an upset stomach and made me feel awful. I decided to start up again on 10mg and it was nowhere near as bad. I'd try 10mg for a few days and see how you feel, I just split the 20mg tabs in half. Best of luck with it and it's well worth sticking it out. 20mg is too strong for some people starting out on it.

Lainie1
27-02-12, 13:11
Thanks for that Paul75 that's exactly what I had planned to do. Thought however I would give a couple of days for stomach to settle down as I'm still not completely sure it was the tablets as I felt a bit "iffy" the day before I started them.
Will start the 10mg tomorrow and keep you posted.

Lainie

julieannboo
29-02-12, 14:30
seroxat gave me such bad migraines - i didn't realise it was due to the drug until i started reducing my dose to come off of it and the migraines have calmed down alot.

a very good place for advice is paxilprogress.org

haz
29-02-12, 20:32
Seroxat was a real life saver for me! Best med I've ever been on. Kept me well for 14 years before it stopped working. Cross-tapered onto escitalopram with no significant problems.

Hope it works as well for you. :)

Lainie1
01-03-12, 11:17
Thanks for all the replies. As I've suffered with very frequent bad migraines for a number of years I was hoping it would help. However I did get two migraines when I took tablets, one evening I started with one then first thing next morning had another, very debilitating to say the least and together with the upset tum too much to cope with. I had not had a migraine for quite a few months so I can only think it's down to the tablets.
After weighing things up...fors and against...I don't think I will continue with this medication even though years ago it worked for me really well.

I really can't put up with side effects even knowing they may disappear with time.

No idea where I go from here. I've to see G.P. next week and I can just see him shake his head and say...not another tablet you can't take! Thankfully he's someone I can really open to and he's always willing to listen which is a great help.

Lainie x

Lainie1
13-03-12, 09:16
Been back to see doc and he's prescribed 10mg Seroxat tablets for me as I'd tried to break to 20mg in half but they just crumbled...bit like how I feel at the moment :weep:.
Had a bad panic during the night and hardly slept so now feel so tired and why is always on a day when you have lots to do!
Anyway starting the 10mg this morning and hopefully I feel like ok on the lower dose. The plan is to give them a go and if ok after a couple of weeks up to 20mg and see how things go.
I still feel nervous about taking even the 10mg and having side effects though.
Lainie x

vetran32
13-03-12, 10:07
Hi mate dont worry about taking seroxat it has realy bad press especialy in regard to coming of etc, but it can be a life saver for others it has helped me in the past alot. Some things work well and dont for others you have to just try until you find a med that suits you good luck :D

Lainie1
13-03-12, 10:51
Thanks for the Vetran32...I was determined to start tablets today with breakfast which only just had. Now I am hesitating, yet again, thinking about side effects I "could" have.
Tablet sitting in front of me now......all I have to do is take it...but that's the hard part.
Lainie

Lainie1
24-03-12, 12:12
Been on 10mg Seroxat for a couple of weeks but still having bowel problems althought not so bad as before so decided to up to 20mg on Wednesday. Bad mistake....since then spent most of the time running off to the loo and everything I've eaten has gone straight through me.

I think if it wasn't for that I'd been feeling better as I've not been so anxious or depressed.

Last night after many visits to the loo and not being able to eat an evening meal because I felt so awful I was definately going to stop tablets altogether. All I seem to be doing is taking seroxat and immodium at the moment.

Does anyone know is this a side effect that goes away with time or will it be ongoing. If it's ongoing I really can't carry on taking this med.

haz
24-03-12, 12:32
It will go away Laine1. It's a common "initial" side effect of most SSRI's, although not everyone gets it. :)

carlleo123
30-03-12, 13:05
been the same way myself yesterday and today, seem to have memories of having it for a few days 1st time I was on them as well.