PDA

View Full Version : Pea sized lump in upper thigh!!

lelespears
25-02-12, 12:36
While putting cream on today I found a pea sized lump in my upper thigh at the side. Scared sick now!!! What can it be!?!
It's not sore either...

Lele x

countrygirl
25-02-12, 13:18
Two very common explanations. 1) Have you banged yourself there in past 3 weeks as I have had many knocks to thighs and although no bruise about 2 weeks later you develop a small hard lump especially if you have walked into the edge of something and it takes about 6 weeks to disappear. 2) HOw thin are you?? If you are anything other than stick thin then fat cells can be felt under the skin as hard lumps, being on the large side:blush: I have a few of these very obviously in places like abdomen but only can be felt if you press on the tissue. The first time I fetl one I freaked and rushed to the Dr and was very embarrased to be told by a sniggering Gp that is was a lump of fat!!! This was about 20 years ago.

As with anything watch and wait. If it gets progressivly bigger and visable then show it to your Gp but it would be fine to wait a few weeks if it gets smaller or not alter.

daisydoo
25-02-12, 13:42
I have a pea sized lump on my thigh. It is a cyst. It got inflammed so had it removed. Another three have turned up! You couldn't really see mine just when i pulled the skin tight or like when i was putting on cream. I asked at least three docs what it was as i obviously didn't belive them and they all said the same. Very common apparently. And yours sounds the same xx