PDA

View Full Version : hi any advice

lolen805
25-02-12, 16:45
hi my name is lauren, ive been suffering wiht anxiety for about a week.

at first it felt like i was getting pains in my stomach and everywhere possible i really though i was going to die and was really scared and didnt know what to do, lucky enough i have my friends and family around me to help me get through this, its getting easier as the days go on but still in the back of my mind and cant seem to shift it, also i am having trouble sleeping as i fear i will not wake up and have tight chest feeling and lump in my throat which makes me feel as if i cannot breath properly is any1 else having the same symptoms any advice will be much appriciated xxx

nomorepanic
25-02-12, 16:48
Hi lolen805

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

cathycrumble
25-02-12, 16:56
hi my name is lauren, ive been suffering wiht anxiety for about a week.

at first it felt like i was getting pains in my stomach and everywhere possible i really though i was going to die and was really scared and didnt know what to do, lucky enough i have my friends and family around me to help me get through this, its getting easier as the days go on but still in the back of my mind and cant seem to shift it, also i am having trouble sleeping as i fear i will not wake up and have tight chest feeling and lump in my throat which makes me feel as if i cannot breath properly is any1 else having the same symptoms any advice will be much appriciated xxx

:welcome:Hi If it is the physical symtoms that is scaring you and you don't have a specific problem. I found the book by dr claire weeks really good called self help for your nerves it explains everything about having a panic attack and how to deal with it. By facing accepting floating and letting time pass. She explains all that in her book.

Cathy xx

lolen805
26-02-12, 09:21
thanks cathy, its just every now and then i get in abit of a state and dont know what to do every one tells me i have to do something but while my mind is racing i cannot seem to concentrate on any thing, ive just had my 1st nights sleep in 4days do u think thats y i wake up in abit of a panic??? xx

mary12
26-02-12, 21:35
Welcome to NMP site, u will find this website so useful I did... Hope you can overcome this :)

Pipkin
26-02-12, 21:49
Hi Lauren and :welcome:

I think many of us understand what you're describing and it can be very hard to distract yourself when you can't concentrate, particularly if you're not sleeping.

Keep talking to your family as support is really important. Don't forget that you can also discuss your anxiety with your GP who will be able to help.

Take care and keep posting, you'll find some great friends on here.

Pip x

lolen805
26-02-12, 22:06
thanks yeah just a very strange feeling that u cant seem to shift just taking 1day at a time and getting better every day :D xx