PDA

View Full Version : Beta-blockers

Daisybun
22-06-06, 19:59
Hi has anyone tried propanolol, I had it a long time ago and my dr has just given it to me. read the saide effects (fatal) and one of them is hair loss, this is a big phobia of mine, that i have overcome but now i just don't want to take them and I feel yet another thing has been removed from me that could help. Anyone ever had that experience with propanolol

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

tara
22-06-06, 20:33
Hi, I take propanonol with no ill side effects!!!
I used to take 40mgs 3 times a day, but now i'm down to 1 a day.
I find them really good. The only thing I did notice when first taking them was that I was cold but I was reasured that this was normal as it slows down he heart rate (which is good!).

All OK from me!!!

Tara xx

Ange P
22-06-06, 20:40
Hello Daisybun, I've been taking propanolol (Inderal) for about three years. My GP said I could take it as and when I needed it, e.g. in anxious situations. I take one 80mg tablet a day during the week (so I can cope with work) but I usually leave off them at weekends, to see if I can cope without. I find them really helpful and suffer no ill effects at all. Hope this has helped. Ange X

marie ross
22-06-06, 20:40
Hiya Daisybun

I'm on the same tablets (40mg 2 times a day) and i've not noticed any side effects at all. I hope that you do find the courage to take them because they helped me so much (heart racing all the time) and they are really good.

Take care.

Marie XXX

anxious
22-06-06, 21:02
Hi Daisy,

i've taken this on an as and when basis i.e. when i felt i was going to have a bad day. The only side effect i got was indigestion but that could have been a coincedence,

anx x

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Daisybun
22-06-06, 23:03
Thanks for your replies i shall try and pluck up the courage to take them. I'll let you know how it goes.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

tara
23-06-06, 00:08
Hope it all go's well, as you can see i'm up at silly o'clock. LOL
Having a beer hoping it will send me off to eye eyes.

Tara xx

polly daydream
23-06-06, 00:29
Hi Daisybun, they are absolutely fine, I use them alot when feeling really bad, all they do is block your adrenaline which relaxes your heart rate. We are all a little scared at first of the unknown, but rest assured you will be fine, promise.

Best wishes

Polly x

Two heads
23-06-06, 10:18
Hi daisybun!
I was on them afew months and i found them of great benifit hun.they made me feel alittle cold to begin with as with tara.But i got used to them and took 80mg once a day.xxxxxxx

chellebelle
04-07-06, 08:34
I've just taken my first 50mls of a beta-blocker. I have spent the whole day terrified that I will have one of the fatal side affects too! The doctor wants me to try them daily for a month. Glad to hear no-one has had too adverse a reaction to them!

"This too, shall pass"

dream
04-07-06, 13:53
hi chellebelle
well done for taking your 1st tab,
how are you feeling now my doc gave me the same tabs a month
or so ago and i still havent had any yet ,
and daisybun how are you doing on yours ,
hope you are both ok ,
i feel better now when i need 1 of mine ,
take care denisexxx

denise