PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a friend....

parx182
25-02-12, 21:32
Hi everybody

Im new on here, and basicly i'm looking to find some people who have gone through similar problems in life as me, in the hope that I can get advice, give it if possible, and hopefuly make some new friends that understand me.

Im a 25 year old guy from newcastle area, and its soon aproaching the 3rd year since my dad passed away. Since then I have been on the losing side of a battle with depression which has effected most aspects of my life, from education, to work, and relationships, and any help I can get on trying to return to a normal life would be much appreciated.

If your interested in gaining a new friend, or just want a sympathetic ear PM me.

Thank you!

Pipkin
25-02-12, 23:52
Hi Parx and welcome,

I'm 41, male living in Yorkshire and have suffered from anxiety and anxiety-related depression most of my life so I understand how hard it can be.

Happy to listen and share experiences. Post on here or PM me and tell me a bit more about how you're doing.

Take care

Pip

Scared_11
26-02-12, 00:13
Welcome.

U will find lots of people on here who will support u and an understand what you are going through.

I have had anxiety, panic attacks, OCD and depression for most of my life. Ur not alone but I know u will feel like u are a lot of the time, it's hell.

Here u will find lots of people who are feeling the same way.

Mcched
26-02-12, 00:55
Hi Parx

Welcome to the forum!!!

I had a bereavement of a close family member whom I dearly loved in 2005 and went into a very dark place!!! I did come out the other side. Unfortunately last year I had an unfortunate series of events that has brought back some anxieties. Not in a dark place this time but trying to get myself back on track and deal with things that I may have tried to ignore.

Please feel free to pm me, we are a friendly bunch on here and always willing to help and support.

parx182
26-02-12, 20:37
Hello again

First off thank you for the warm welcome, im plesently surprised how friendly everyone has been.

After trying to overcome my problems by myself for about 2 and a half years and not progressing i finally decided to start taking the anti depresants i was perscribed a long time back. It has been about a month i have been on citolepram 20mg but havnt seen any positive effects, this may be because when im busy with work i can forget to take them :s.
I feel alone everyday and there hasnt been a day i havent thought about my dad since he passed away. I was wondering if anybody had any good tips to keep the mind busy? I was living with my girlfriend but we split up because she was violent/abbusive towards me and had to move out because she threatend to stab me and i couldnt sleep with worry that one day she might kill me.
We recently got back together as i still love her, but we are living apart and although she is still very angry she has not been abusive physically, although now she uses my illness against me by ignoring me completly for days on end and dissapearing all the time and will not answer why, so not thinking about her would certainly help me out too.

Thanks for your time people

Jay72
26-02-12, 22:35
Hi mate. I don't live near you but I have lost a parent. My mum, my dad is still around but we have lost touch. There's not a day go by where i don't miss my mum. I found her dead one morning on the floor, I was living more with her than my ex and knew it would happen at some point - but I wasn't prepared for it at all. I was a broken man. I didn't cry, nothing, I was just stunned, zombiefied and numb. My mum bought up 3 kids, ran around doing 3 jobs co's my dad didn't want to have an interest. I had so much respect for my mum it's unreal. The pain I have is going to be there until I die because life is too short to turn it around. She went knowing my sisters and myself loved her dearly and I take comfort knowing she knew that.

I think it is quite natural that you think about your dad. Like I say, my mum died in 2008 ( oct ) and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I'm not not sure how to put this but here's my thing: You NEVER get over it, but you learn to live with it. I hope that comes over right?

I'm not sure about the relationship thing though.

Jay72
27-02-12, 07:16
hey, thanks for the PM's.will get back but i don't have the post count to do that apparently. Much love