PDA

View Full Version : hi just joined

lee20
26-02-12, 00:44
hi everyone ive just joined nmp.... my name is lee and im 20 years old, i have suffered with depression & anxiety/panic disorder for the past 3 years. over the last year my depression has got slightly better but the anxiety/panic is having a huge effect on my life, i havent had any friends for over a year now. im unable to work, rarely leave my flat (never go out alone) on my really bad days i experience depersonalisation/derealisation. i have taken various meds over the years but recently started on sertraline, my doctor reffered me for CBT and i have had 5 sessions so far but im still struggling to get through most days. id like to meet new people on here who understand the horrible feelings of depression & anxiety.

nomorepanic
26-02-12, 00:46
Hi lee20

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Pipkin
26-02-12, 01:35
Hi Lee and :welcome:

You'll find that there are a lot of people on here who really understand what it's like and who can sympathise with you.

I've suffered from anxiety and anxiety-related depression since my early teens (I'm 41 now) and I know how hard it can be. It took me years to come to terms with my anxiety and actually believe that it was the cause of my problems. I wish I had had your self-awareness when I was your age as I could have got help much sooner.

What are your anxiety/depression symptoms and do you have anyone you can talk to about it?

Look after yourself and keep posting

Pip x

london guy
26-02-12, 08:00
welcome to the site Lee :)

Pandaa
26-02-12, 10:28
Hello and welcome! :)

pinkdove
26-02-12, 10:57
:welcome: lee you are not alone here, plenty of support from people the same as you. hope you feel better soon :)

lee20
26-02-12, 11:46
thanyou all for making me feel :welcome:. pip my dep/anx symptoms vary from day to day but the most bothersome for me at the moment is reccuring intense panic attacks: palpatations, dizziness, hard to breath and just the general feeling of being terrified. i started getting depression around 3 years ago and i tried to commit suicide twice in the early days..... i do often have suicidal thoughts (usually on my bad days)..... but im just hoping that my new meds and CBT will help me to cope with this. i talk with my mother often as she also suffers from dep/anx, she supports me all the time and has given me some advice about how to deal with the panic..... my mum has overcome her panic attacks after years of being on meds. however i have never met or talked to people who are experiencing the same difficulties as me and at the same time. i will make a new thread when im having trouble to cope and hopefully i can get some sound advice from all my fellow sufferers..... once again thankyou for all the kind messages :)

Pipkin
26-02-12, 11:55
Lee,

You're welcome. Keep coming back and get to know some of your fellow sufferers. I've made some great friends on here and we've really helped each other through some tough times recently.

We're all in this together.

Take care

Pip

Annip
26-02-12, 13:32
Hi Lee. I'm a newbie on here and so computer illiterate:unsure:
Life is difficult sometimes but you have to believe that you can get better. The meds will help. When your mood lifts, even if just for a short while, try and do something you enjoy. Try and give yourself 1 small target each day. :whistles:

lee20
26-02-12, 13:40
Hi Lee. I'm a newbie on here and so computer illiterate:unsure:
Life is difficult sometimes but you have to believe that you can get better. The meds will help. When your mood lifts, even if just for a short while, try and do something you enjoy. Try and give yourself 1 small target each day. :whistles:

thankyou for your advice, i play the guitar and that often helps me 2 relax.... however on a particularly bad day i find it hard to do just about anything sometimes too scared to move because the panic attacks are soo intense. i will take note of giving myself 1 target a day as im willing to try anything that might help me to recover from this illness. take care

lee :D

RebeccaFrith
26-02-12, 18:29
Hi Lee, I'm also 20 & Suffering from Panic attacks & Anxiety this has an effect of my life.
I have no friends hardly & I feel lonely sometimes, thinking my old friends are going down town & things like that..

lee20
26-02-12, 19:53
Hi Lee, I'm also 20 & Suffering from Panic attacks & Anxiety this has an effect of my life.
I have no friends hardly & I feel lonely sometimes, thinking my old friends are going down town & things like that..

hi rececca.... its a shame that we are going through this. maybe we could help each other along the way and share experiences and advice. sound like we both need a friend at the moment. private message me anytime. take care

lee :D

mary12
26-02-12, 20:19
Hi lee welcome :hugs:

lee20
26-02-12, 20:21
Hi lee welcome :hugs:

hi mary. thankyou for taking the time to :welcome: me :D

stormyok10
27-02-12, 18:47
Hi Lee.
I have also just joined, You will find it so helpful hearing from all like people,& just talking about your problems does help a lot. Keep in touch with everyone here it will boost you no end