PDA

View Full Version : Newbie! Anxiety sufferer

positivegirly
26-02-12, 11:02
Hi, I came across this site whilst looking for information on recovering from being unwell, i basically lost my appetite and havent been sleeping too well for the past week and a bit and had started to feel very down in myself. Iv suffered with anxiety/panic attacks since i was 15, im now 26, and im still taking medication. About 5 months ago I reduced my dosage and seemed to be coping well, then just 2 weeks ago i caught a bug which still hasnt completely gone and since then iv been very panicky which i think is only adding to me feeling unwell. I decided to join because i dont really have anybody to talk to who really undertstands,my mum is brilliant but she has her own worries to be getting on with and i dont want to bother her with my problems, she hasnt been too well this past week either so i dont want to add more to her stress. Im off sick from work, this is the 2nd week iv had and im already stressed out about going back, I cant understand why this has happened, i have been absolutly fine at work for six whole years, iv even had times in those years where i have been off sick and gone back fine but this time is different, why am i so anxious about going back? Im due back Thursday and im really hoping i can handle it,i work full time and my job involves lots of running around and being on my feet all day, this is one of the reasons i didnt want to go back too soon after being unwell because i didnt want to put my body through too much. I keep telling myself il be fine, once im back il be back to normal and it will be like i never had time away, i hope so! Im sorry for the long post! I just need someone to talk to who knows what its like x

diane07
26-02-12, 11:03
Hi positivegirly

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Pipkin
26-02-12, 11:29
Hi P and :welcome:

I also hate going back to work after being off for a while but it's always fine. Like you say, you've managed fine at work for 6 years and this will be no different. Try to look forward to seeing all your work colleagues and remember that you'll be so busy, it will really help to distract you.

For now, just make sure you take the time to recuperate. It's because you're run down that you're having these doubts. By this time next week, you'll be feeling much better.

Good luck and take care

Pip x

lolen805
26-02-12, 11:34
hi i have all them same feelings just cant seem to get them out my head ive had blood test and chest xrays all clear so y cant i get it into muy head im going to be ok?? xx

positivegirly
26-02-12, 12:24
Thank-you so much for your fast replies, im so pleased to have some support. I believe this has all come from being unwell, i think where my body has been under stress for over a week now its taken its toll on me, i havent been eating too well because iv been poorly so i guess thats where my lack of energy has come from- that with not sleeping well is also part of the problem. Im really surprised at myself even joing the site because i really really did not want to admit that i might have had a relapse after all this time, obviously it would be lovely to plod along convincing myself im absolutley fine but i know its not something you can just ignore. I guess i am looking forward to Thursday to see how it goes but am also dreading it all the same because i think i am associating the place with it being where i first felt unwell. Im sure i will be fine and i will keep a positive head on :) I am so looking forward to getting my old routine back. Once again thank-you so much to all who replied x

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

Hi Lolen,
I think in the back of your mind you know you will be fine, i think with me i kept thinking there must be something physical wrong with me because iv taken ages to recover from this bug iv had, everyone else has recovered! I took two trips to the doctors, one where i was in a complete state and cried through most of the appointment because i felt so low, he told me it was a simple bug and that my body has been through it and so it will take that extra few days to feel better, i asked about going back to work and i think he felt it better to sign me off for a week to enable me to get my eating and sleeping back to normal and get myself feeling well again. I understand completely what you are feeling, are you off work too? I am just trying now to keep busy (been cleaning and tidying alot!) and trying to eat little and often to get my eating pattern back (i eat alot before this!) just trying to keep positive thinking that i will be completely fine when i get back into my old routine. x

lolen805
26-02-12, 12:28
yeah ive been signed off for 4 weeks so i dont think thats helping yeah ive had a cold, cough, had problems with my ear which effected my balance so it all come at once thats whats triggered it i think, i didnt sleep for 4 days last night was my frist night sleep in ages woke up all paniced because i had it in my head i wouldnt get up everyday gets easier but im just really frutrated that my mind can make me feel this way just one of those thing we will never no the answer to aye xxx

positivegirly
26-02-12, 12:39
Yeah i know what you mean. I do hope you feel better very soon xx

lolen805
26-02-12, 13:09
thank you so much and you xx

mary12
26-02-12, 21:52
Welcome :)

positivegirly
27-02-12, 10:14
Thanks Mary12,

Got up today after a nights sleep, i actually went to bed really early because i was so tired and didnt wake up until 5.15am when my alarm would normally go off for getting up for work, because im off sick until Thursday i actually went back to sleep until 7.15am when everyone else gets up. Still have an upset stomach but got up, had a cup of tea and done my hair and make-up as i usually would, did the school run with my mum and now just thinking about Thursday when im due back! Im sure i will be fine, iv worked there for 6 years and have never had any problems, everyone i work with is really nice and im sure il settle right back in. I think the best thing to do is treat it as though iv been on holiday and am just going back as normal. Im starting to think that maybe i should have gone back sooner, apart from the guilt iv had at being off for 2 weeks i think it would have been better for me to just go straight back after the first week but then i guess my body needed time to recover after being poorly and although i dont feel 100% yet i think by Thursday il probably feel that bit better.
Once again thanks for everyones support x

RebeccaFrith
27-02-12, 17:36
Hiya I'm Rebecca from Sheffield. I suffer from panic attack & Anxiety for 3years now & i', 20years old. Hope to speak soon! :D

Day-V Anne
27-02-12, 18:02
Welcome!! :)
I know how you are feeling. I have had anxiety my entire life, but panic attacks started at age 16. I am 35 now, and still suffer from anxiety and attacks. I have months where I am fine, and then I slip into anxiety mode. It is at that time that I have med changes, etc. Please stay positive and don't let it cripple you. If you are fearful of a certain place or whatnot, don't stop going. The anxiety is a feeling, and I am still learning myself that I can't let a feeling ruin my life. Please message anytime and I would be very happy to help out!!

Davee
Xoxoxo

positivegirly
28-02-12, 19:42
Thanks for the posts guys :)

Hi Rebecca :) Hi Davee :) Yes i am telling myself over and over that its just a feeling and that once i get to work il be completely fine, iv been through this a couple of times before so i know i can do it :) im due back Thursday so i will let you know how it goes xx

positivegirly
29-02-12, 06:45
Hi guys,Well iv woken up early today as if i was getting up for work (i start at 7am) and i dont feel too good even though im not back until tomorrow, i have a horrible nervous feeling and a headache which is probably from worrying so much :( iv made myself a cup of tea and im just sitting here at the moment thinking about tomorrow. I dont know if its the thought of being at work all day thats making me worry, i still cant understand why this has come on again, i have worked there for ages now and never felt worried about going in. I hope this feeling passes soon! X

positivegirly
03-03-12, 16:11
Hello everyone,
I just thought i would give you an update, I went to work on Thursday and friday, it was hard but i did it and i managed to control my anxiety and got through both days. I still havent been sleeping very well and i think thats why im still not feeling my old self just yet. Been better today, still quite tired but as soon as i get in bed of a night im wide awake! so im working on that and now not back to work until tuesday which is when my five days at work start so i think il be very tired but im sure il be ok, iv done two days so il manage somehow!

xx