PDA

View Full Version : Working through it

LJL
26-02-12, 12:36
I'm having a blip with my anxiety after 2 years and to be honest I'm not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. I took Wed/Thurs/Fri off due to feeling constantly sick.

I'm fine most of the day but the mornings are awful (yet again)!

Do people find it easier to work through it or take time out to make yourself better??

:)

Jain
26-02-12, 12:52
I can only speak for myself, but I feel better for working through it. I'm lucky that as I freelance, I work with lots of people, many of them very lovely and they lift me. I feel heaps better going to work, than staying home. Sufficient rest and downtime is important too.

You could try to go back for a day and see how you do?

Rach29
26-02-12, 13:17
i think you should do what you feel better doing sometimes it is good to take sometime to try to make yourself better if its not helping go to work see how you get on thats what i would do you know its just anxiety nothing else hope you feel better soon

Kendra
26-02-12, 14:51
Hi,

My advice would be to give it a go. If your feeling ill just think to yourself it will pass and try and take your mind off it. I work 11 hour shifts and the first few hours are terrible but then once my mind goes onto something else I end up feeling a bit better then that gives me the confidence to go in the next day!!

Baby steps all the way....

Good luck!

JT69
26-02-12, 16:15
Distraction is definately key but sometimes you have to take time out if it feels that bad.

I would try it and see how you go...as the others said you can always come home if it does not work out.

Hope you feel better soon.

Jo.x