PDA

View Full Version : just when you think your doing ok bammm !!

angel wings
26-02-12, 12:45
well im coming into 5 week on citalopram and thought i was doing sort of ok then last night while putting washing away bamm throat tightened felt like i couldnt breath... so start the mind talking im ok its anxiety you can breath and will be ok etc but it just got worse and i started to panic and felt like i was back to square 1 again
why is it when you not feeling anxious it can suddenly hit you ????:doh:

LAURA48
26-02-12, 14:31
Hi Angel Wings - knocks your confidence - but I am sure it's a blip! The mind is a funny thing - don't let it set you back - it's a rocky road and remember baby steps x You'll be fine - Laura

angel wings
26-02-12, 16:38
Thanks laura
It did knock my confidence trying to run before i can walk i think sometimes the more you expect to feel better the more dissappointing it gets,will persist and see how i go
been feeling ok today though one day at a time.... or hour maybe :)

nicola1980
26-02-12, 17:12
I think when you feel 'normal' you actually forget the fear that anxiety brings so when it hits you again it scares the life out of you and hits you like a ton of bricks, it knocks your confidence for 6 which then makes you panic! Its such a rollercoast ride but we WILL get off it x x

angel wings
26-02-12, 17:31
Its just so frustating sometimes when all you want to do is feel yourself again :mad: trying not to beat myself up about it ......dam anxiety !!!!

nicola1980
26-02-12, 19:34
Its bloody horrible i don't think i can even remember the last time i felt myself :mad: i sometimes wonder what ive done so wrong to deserve this as at times its absolute living hell xx

sarahblonde32
26-02-12, 20:36
yep was about to post the exact same thing, havent been on here for awile thinking i had this under control....then boom it comes and smacks you in the face...just had an awful anxiety fuelled weekend.
sx

ems73
27-02-12, 12:32
Yep me too, exactly the same, felt like I was making real progress on Saturday then last night, hit me like a ton of bricks. Horrible panicky night last night, feel back to square one and don't know how much more of this I can cope with.

JoJoR
27-02-12, 16:03
I know what you mean... I'm the same... sometimes I wonder if the anxiety chooses the time when you're lease expecting it on purpose... like the old saying a watched cauldron never boils...lol.... I've been taking Citalopram for a while and do keep getting panic attacks... Its great though that you are making progress and feeling a bit more yourself. Like you say...one day at a time and don't feel disappointed.... Anxiety and depression are very hard things to over come...Joanne

angel wings
27-02-12, 16:11
It just seems to creep up on you and take over what dose are you on joanne ,was thinking of asking to up mine to see if it helps

Blade
27-02-12, 17:17
Sorry to hear that angel wings , i know what you mean about running before you can walk though , ive been on cit for two weeks and i,m willing myself to feel better , hope it was a blip and your feeling better again soon

Blade

angel wings
27-02-12, 17:20
thanks blade i hope so too how are you finding the cit ????

Blade
27-02-12, 17:46
I dont know really angel wings , side effects are a bit rough , think ive been unlucky as some dont seem to get any ,did you ? but its early days , trouble is im kinda pinning all me hopes on these so i,m setting myself up for a massive fall possibly :weep: , I,m on 20mg , You ?

Blade

angel wings
27-02-12, 17:55
on 10mg at the moment but was thinking of upping same like you though hoping they will work too much :)

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

as for side effects first few weeks i had heightened anxiety loss of appitite speech went really fast panicky weird dreams but they seem to have passed have now got mild anxiety but keep feeling really shaky :ohmy:

Blade
27-02-12, 18:20
The shakey bit is the worst i think , oh the fun of it all Eh

Blade

angel wings
27-02-12, 18:44
yer feel like ive got the shivers but not if you know what i mean horrible to know that others have these weird symptoms but nice to know your not alone:)