PDA

View Full Version : How to cope with downer triggered by low level bullying

Jain
26-02-12, 12:47
Hi, I work part time at a place and one of my colleagues is leaving - they hate me - due to an arguement many years ago about something petty. He seems to have decided it is time to settle the score and is making my life difficult, not passing on messages, telling the boss I haven't done things, etc. I know he is not worth bothering about, but I cannot understand why someone hates me so much. It has tied me up in knots and I haven't slept for 3 nights and even last night I took a zoplicone and it took a long time to sleep (I only have a short supply of these) and I don't want to rely on it.

It has completely knocked the stuffing out of me and now I have lost confidence. I feel overwhelmed by everything else in my life too.

I don't know whether to have a quiet word with the guy to just say, I know stuff is happening please talk to me if there is a problem, etc. Not to confront him as such. It is making me not want to go into work there. I have made my boss aware of a couple of things, she says it will get worse the closer it gets to his leave date as he has 'switched' off. I'm a bit scared tbh.

If anyone has some advice or experience, I would appreciate the input.
xx