PDA

View Full Version : Hate health anxiety!!!!!!!

shelley1813
26-02-12, 16:36
JUST SAT HERE THINKING I HAVE HAD A GOOD COUPLE OF WEEKS AND BAM!!!!! THERE IT GOES AGAIN,HEAD STARTS TO GOES INTO OVERDRIVE THINKING I HAVENT FELT DIZZY OR WEAK ON LEFT SIDE OR BLURED VISION OR TIGHT CHEST. THEN I SLOWLY START TO NOTICE MY SYMPTOMS THINKING AGAIN IT MUST BE SOMETHING MORE SERIOUS. ANY1 FEEL LIKE THIS??? :wacko::wacko:

angel wings
26-02-12, 16:42
yes ive just posted the same thing... was plodding along doing my thing and then my bammm throat went tight couldnt breath etc....so annoying when it all of a sudden hits you but did manage to calm down and not think into it too much or i will end up dr goggling !!! and have all sorts lol

shelley1813
26-02-12, 17:11
Totally with you on the googling, thats my main problem and has been from the start. Just trying to keep myself busy x

Onward
26-02-12, 17:22
Please do not Google. Remember, aside from misinformation from people who have a vested interest in having you but products, you also have some nefarious individuals who post things meant to taunt and frustrate others.

Let's be honest, do you know how many times I have Googled in the past and came across the same page as before? We know all of this, if fact we are alsmost three years into medical school given our intimate knowledge of pains, symptoms and causes.

Give yourself and break. I had a friend who used to say "probability versus possibility." Ostensibly, the fact is there is a possibility for a lot, HOWEVER the probability is you don't have an issue and its our wonderful makeup playing tricks. You said it in your opening salvo so you know it yourself.

Health anxiety is the cause - that is all. Now, you don't have to climb a mountain or skydive, just move away from the computer and enjoy your day in any way possible.

Good luck.

angel wings
26-02-12, 17:58
yes i have to stop myself from doing it and distract myself with something else !!!
although alot of the time it comes up with anxiety symptoms so i think ok then ....infact thats how i found this site but instead of goggling i go on here and find most of us get the same symptoms its finding a way of taking control them :)