PDA

View Full Version : headache at the b ack of my head

sherylee xx
26-02-12, 16:37
hey guys do any of you get headaches at the back of your head?? i have one now and im not used to gettin them there so freakin out abit!! also with this headache im findin it hard to swallow i always notice if i get pains at the back of my head i find it hard to swallow (not the lump in the thraot its different) any advice please would be great xx

juanne
26-02-12, 16:46
Hiya .... i have them at the back of my head a lot... I have one today, it is usually tension or due to a neck problem so my doctor told me .... when i was younger about 22 i had about six months of a continual headache at the back of my head.. i seriously thought it was something dreadful, but it wasnt and doctor put it all down to stress and anxiety.. try not to worry it will only make it worse and i hope you feel better soon :)

sherylee xx
26-02-12, 17:17
aw thamks hun for the reasurence il try not to worry easier said then done ay lol xx

Breezay
26-02-12, 17:26
Maybe a nice, relaxing massage would help? Perfect excuse to get pampered :) I get them every now and then.. Usually sleep helps xx

suzy-sue
26-02-12, 18:45
Sounds like Tension headache,s Sherylee ..I had a lot of them just after xmas .I find using a wheat pad on the back of the neck helps more than anything ,Also regular RELAXATION combined with deepbreathing every day .It Will lessen the Anxiety and Tension ..T/c Sue x

jarmummy123
26-02-12, 19:04
I have had a few of these lately. My headaches are normally forehead ones but I spoke to my Dr about the ones at the back and she said its mkuscle tension. Does your neck and shoulders feel tense? I have had alot of headaches at night since upping my meds.

sherylee xx
26-02-12, 20:23
hehe good idea breezay :) il ask my bf later :) thanks hun :) xx

suzy sue thankyou for your suggestions il try them out very helpfull :) xx

jakes mummy how are your headaches?? did it go ok at the doctors?? i replied to your message titiled for sherylee i dont know if you saw my reply hun, anyway it would make alot of sence as yesterday i was carryin very heavy bags of shoppin and my shoulders are very sore today, thanks hun xx

jarmummy123
26-02-12, 21:12
Hi

The Dr said the headaches are tension. She said they hurt in the forehead and in the back of the head with sore shoulders and neck muscles. She said the citalopram should help after a while! But then the pharmicist told me that citalopram can cause headaches!! How are you feeling today?

sherylee xx
27-02-12, 01:43
ohright aw thats not good is it if can cause headaches :( erm okish hun weird head pains all over weird vision ect as usual :( xx