PDA

View Full Version : Please "Urge to NOD HEAD"

xtremx
26-02-12, 17:07
Hiya for a few days now i seem to have the urge to nod my head (small shakes down and up). It just seems to come from nowhere and when i do it it feels like i get a small headache after.

All the may sound strange but the urge seems to start inside my head (this is hard to explain).

If anyone understands let me know when i do it it feels like i cannot stop (like i am going mad) not sure if people can see me do it but it feels like it.

I try to hold my head still but i still do it

miss polly
26-02-12, 17:27
Yes I have this from time to time! I'm scared it's the beginning of some sort of neurological problem (parkinson's etc) as my mum is suffering from an awful one. However maybe it's just like a nervous habit and we're focusing on it and imagining it to be worse than it is.

xtremx
26-02-12, 18:54
Yes I have this from time to time! I'm scared it's the beginning of some sort of neurological problem (parkinson's etc) as my mum is suffering from an awful one. However maybe it's just like a nervous habit and we're focusing on it and imagining it to be worse than it is.

Thanks miss polly, you are correct because i/we focus on it we imagining it being worse.

It reminds me of when I was about 17/18 (23 years ago)i used to get nervous tics like this one nodding the head sometimes violently also swallowing/gulping sometimes to the stage of nearly passing out and it just stopped after a few months but now a suffer from painic attacks/anxiety for the last 2/3 years I am afraid that them tics will comeback.

Hope they don't:mad: