PDA

View Full Version : Relaxing

sam66
26-02-12, 20:02
Now this just might be me, but
closing the mind off and giving yourself time to say, ok, time out.
But does it stop?
Im awful at concentration, sleeping, even sitting for any length of time, Im the natural born fidget.
This needs doing, things to sort, sleep rarely past three hours and dreams that over the years I have learnt to wake myself up from, ok yoga works for some, any other ideas?

angel wings
26-02-12, 20:09
no i cant sit still either try and watch tv but not really watching getting up every 2 seconds cleaning tidying fidgeting etc...i find the only time i can relax is in the bath !!!:)

sam66
26-02-12, 20:10
you will end up looking like a prune if you stay their to long :)

PanchoGoz
26-02-12, 20:13
Ah yes. It can be soooo difficult to get started with these things - I'm terrible at it around my time of the month, but if you stick at it you start to relax. Work your way up from about 1 minute or even 30 seconds. Then try 2 minutes, and so on. Do it regularly, not just before you sleep or you will yawn, but at the end of the day when you are free of worries is always good. This will help you concentrate more and fidget less in the longrun!
Say to yourself, yeah I know I have all this stuff to do but it will wait for one minute.
Your subconscious mind is very obediant to instructions about lengths of time, that's why hypnotherapists tell you how long the hypnosis will be, as your mind will time it out.
Take care Sam :)

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Baths are an excellent time to meditate. Thanks for reminding me :D

angel wings
26-02-12, 20:15
he he i know but unfortunatly i cant relax for more than 10 minutes !!!!:)

sam66
26-02-12, 20:19
nah see i dont get this, bath in out stuff to do, sleep ok if I have to but I get really bad dreams and can manage now to wake from them, I got less than four hours last nigh as most nights then Its clean and make order, try and prepare for what you have to do that day and build up to it, lying on a floor breathing deply and closing ya mind, sorry dont cut it for me, but Im glad it works for others :)

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

my mind must be to hectic then :/

angel wings
26-02-12, 20:20
how about knitting then !!!! :)

sam66
26-02-12, 20:24
ermmm

---------- Post added at 20:24 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

knitting, cosmic, thanks Angel..lol

angel wings
26-02-12, 20:50
lol well couldnt think of anything else :)

nicola1980
26-02-12, 20:52
cross stitch is supposed to be quite theraputic!!! lol xx

sam66
26-02-12, 20:55
o..............k......... thanks :/

nicola1980
26-02-12, 20:59
I can't concentrate on anything either, can't read, watch telly, sit still and even when im in the bath its a quick in and out!! xx

angel wings
26-02-12, 21:22
well about a year ago my mum brought me a 2000 piece puzzle to keep me still needless to say i havent started it yet but its the thought that counts:D